The Mishkon Division of The Jewish Board provides supports and services in a healthy and safe environment for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities living in residential programs and in community settings. Our core values are to provide a healthy and safe environment that promotes person centered planning, community integration, and close collaboration with families and the community. This is all accomplished through an Orthodox Jewish lens, and with an understanding that staff, at all levels of the division, is the determining factor in achieving positive outcomes for our clients.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Services, the Senior Director of Residential Services works closely with the Deputy Director to ensure that clinical practices and operational procedures are implemented throughout the Residential and Day Habilitation programs. The Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities residential program includes ICF and IRA residential facilities. The Day Habilitation program is without walls and based in the community. The Senior Director of Residential Services supervises all aspects of residential services for the I/DD division. He/she has clinical and administrative oversight of residential facilities to include ICF and IRA sites as well as the Day Habilitation program.
- Provides regular supervision of direct reports including the Directors of Residential and Clinical Services as well as Day Habilitation.
- Consult with supervisees on day to day running of each facility/program
- Works collaboratively the Senior Director of Operations regarding fiscal and facilities related oversight of each facility.
- Works in tandem with the Senior Director of Nursing Services to ensure that medical orders are implemented.
- Develops/Implements a clinical philosophy that is Person Centered and Outcomes driven.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Quality Assurance on developing and implementing improvements on all aspects of care and documentation.
- Provides oversight of the training of all levels of staff including Direct Support
- Professionals, Residence Managers, Clinicians and Directors.
- Ensures appropriate follow up of direct reports for all recommended changes
- Responsible to attend OPWDD/IAC trainings related to regulatory matters
- Develops/Implements systems to ensure regulatory compliance at each program.
- Reviews and responds to DOH and OPWDD statements of deficiencies
- Meet with client and family members to ensure client satisfaction.
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings as needed.
- Participates in administrative meetings
Strong interpersonal skills and managerial skills required. The ideal candidate possesses both a clinical understanding of person centered planning as well as have the administrative experience to implement systems that deliver person centered planning and comply with all regulatory mandates.
- LCSW, or Licensed Psychologist is required plus a minimum of 7 years’ experience in working with the intellectually disabled population in a management role
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
- Strong knowledge of Orthodox practices required
- Ability to read and speak Hebrew preferred
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong computer skills are required. The ability to use Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are critical. The knowledge of or ability to learn software programs including an Electronic Health Record required.
VISUAL AND MANUAL DEXTERITY:
- The visual and manual dexterity needed for this position include the ability to work on the computer typing reports and reviewing charts. There is also the need to speak frequently on the telephone including a cellular phone.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- The position requires the ability to travel from site to site
- The work environment requires climbing of stairways to access program spaces and to access employee offices
- This is an in-office position
Please submit your application to: Senior Director (Residential Services) Brooklyn, NY (#947) | Joel Paul Group