Institutional Advancement Office Database Manager
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy is a pluralistic Jewish day school for students in grades 6-12. Located in Bryn Mawr, PA (metropolitan Philadelphia), Barrack is the premier Jewish day school in the Delaware Valley, attracting students from Philadelphia and its suburbs, Allentown, southern New Jersey, and Wilmington, Delaware. The school integrates a comprehensive and rigorous college preparatory curriculum with the teaching of essential Jewish and American values and texts. Guided by our four Derech Eretz values of Honor, Moral Courage, Kindness, and Community, Barrack values diversity, celebrates the richness of Judaism's language, culture, and history, and is strongly connected to Israel. Barrack prepares future leaders of the American, Jewish and global communities who work for a better world through acts of justice and compassion. Since our founding in 1946, we have graduated nearly 3,000 students.
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented development and administrative professional to serve as an Institutional Advancement Office Database Manager. This role is responsible for providing database and administrative support to the department, gift processing, and hands on support at Development events. The successful candidate will bring strong decision-making skills, a collaborative approach, and an excellent organization style to ensure that all projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The candidate must be very comfortable using databases and other software, including Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge to effectively execute several operations for the Development team.
The Institutional Advancement Office at Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy follows NAIS standards and works strategically and collaboratively with school leadership, colleagues across campus, and volunteers to raise funds for programmatic, endowment, and capital priorities. This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in safeguarding sensitive information and supporting the efficient operation of the school's administrative and educational functions. You will be part of a dynamic team working towards a unified goal in support of the school.
- Processes check and credit card payments and associated gift entries into Raiser's Edge.
- Produces accurate reports for accounting and presentation purposes and acknowledgment letter generation within appropriate time frames.
- Analyzes, queries, and extracts donor and fundraising campaign data; executes a variety of data management operations in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Produces thank you letters, mailing labels and name tags as needed.
- Produces Pledge Cards and invoices/bills on a quarterly basis, or as needed.
- Enters new records into the system as needed, including new students, teachers and donors.
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of donor and alumni data in the Raiser's Edge database including the transition of graduating Seniors to alumnae.
- Manage hard copy receipts and records and digitizes them for permanent record storage to meet auditing standards and regulatory guidelines at all times.
- Assists with data audits and compliance reporting as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with data security and protection regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA) and maintains data security protocols.
- Conducts prospect research to identify potential donors and alumni for cultivation and solicitation and maintain records in the database.
- Trains Institutional Advancement staff and volunteers on the use of Raiser's Edge and best practices in data management.
- Provides support throughout the year for both fundraising and stewardship events including the annual gala (some evenings/weekends are required).
- Provides ongoing technical support and troubleshoots database-related issues.
- Manages all EITC/OSTC information/pledges for payments.
- Maintains the integrity of external email lists to ensure data accuracy for all communications and campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years previous professional experience in a development role is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in data management and reporting tools.
- Proven experience in the use of the Raiser’s Edge database management system including data entry, report queries/generation and printing.
- Ability to readily train and support others as needed in the use of Raiser's Edge.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy.
- Strong, effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with data privacy and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Fluency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer/keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Resume and accompanying cover letter should be sent to Alex Stroker, Chief Operating Officer at [email protected]