The Orthodox Union’s Internal Audit department seeks an Internal Auditor to conduct routine audits of trip logs and accompanying supporting documentation associated with field personnel’s Kosher certification inspections of customer plant facilities. These details are the basis for the reporting and accounting of fee and expense activities and the processing of payments which compensate the field personnel for their services and reimburse them for incurred out-of-pocket travel and other business-related expenses. Careful oversight of these transactions is essential.
The candidate’s efforts, including all of the relevant audit sampling, test work, communication of results, proposing of recommendations and providing of processing guidance, will be viewed as key contributors to management’s overall expense monitoring agenda.
In addition to the primary responsibility mentioned above, the candidate will participate in other audit-related projects and analyses as they arise and assist departmental management in the on-going providing of reasonable assurances that:
- assets are properly safeguarded and efficiently utilized,
- systems and processes are effectively and consistently designed, implemented, administered and controlled, and
- resulting information is accurate, complete and reliable.
- bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in accounting, finance or business administration,
- relevant professional work experience involving audit, compliance and/or internal control principles,
- excellent communication skills with particular emphasis placed on the ability to write clearly and professionally,
- detail-oriented and analytical, while able to identify and keep in mind the “big picture”,
- strong tact and diplomacy skills,
- comfortable working independently, as well as in a team environment,
- highly organized and self-motivated,
- computer-savvy with particular proficiency using Excel/Word and comfort in learning various in-house programs.
Salary Range- $50,000-$90,000