About Pardes North America:
Pardes North America (PNA) is a new and innovative division of the Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies. Our mission is to reach over 50,000 North American Jews annually via rich, relevant and accessible Jewish learning. PNA is uniquely positioned to work at the intersection of deep Jewish content and relational engagement. PNA's programs are designed to reach those who are not already connected to existing Jewish learning opportunities.
PNA seeks to live up to both meanings of the term Pardes (????). On the one hand it refers to the four different layers of deep textual exploration. At its core, PNA is about deep, accessible, text-based Jewish learning that takes place in intimate communities. But Pardes (????) also means "orchard," and just like an orchard is open on all sides, Pardes encourages Jews from all backgrounds to enter to find community, connection and sustenance from Torah learning.
PNA believes that Jewish learning is not just about exploring content and building knowledge. Jewish learning has tremendous power to improve the lives of learners, leading to a brighter and more vibrant personal and Jewish life via personal growth, development and Jewish empowerment.
PNA is seeking a visionary and talented professional to join the team as PNA’s new Program Coordinator, Online Learning and Alumni Engagement. This individual will be responsible for supporting and coordinating the expansion of PNA’s Online Learning and Alumni Engagement work.
The Program Coordinator will be an essential member of the growing PNA team and will report to the Director of Online Learning and Alumni Engagement. The Program Coordinator will be a key partner in supporting the creation of new educational content and thought leadership that advances PNA's mission of bringing deep and accessible Jewish learning experiences to Jews across North America.
The Program Coordinator will:
- Support the senior leadership team and work to help envision and build the strategy for PNA’s growth and continued success.
- Coordinate PNA’s efforts to build a robust alumni engagement program that not only keeps alumni connected to the Pardes family but also deputizes alumni to become creators and conveners of Torah learning circles throughout North America.
- Support the Director of Online Learning and Alumni Engagement in building a more strategic and high-impact set of offerings to be made available directly to consumers. This includes the development of holiday programs, podcasts, and online learning opportunities.
- Help with the logistics of working with PNA team members and third-party contractors who handle the marketing, editing, production and graphic design roles associated with producing holiday programs, podcasts, and online learning opportunities.
- Coordinate and plan the development of a new Volunteer Educator Bootcamp that is comprised of two in-person gatherings.
- Support the Director of Online Learning and Alumni Engagement to coach and supervise alumni and Jewish leaders who are part of Pardes fellowships to develop their own community engagement projects designed to connect new people to Jewish learning opportunities.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
Entrepreneurial energy, creative vision and outstanding logistical and project development skills are keys to success in this position. In addition, the Program Coordinator should exhibit the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, ability to take initiative, interest in professional growth, and excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership development skills.
The Program Coordinator must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team and have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a Bachelor’s degree and 1-5 years of experience in the Jewish professional sector.
This is a full-time position and can be based anywhere in North America.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $65,000 annually based on experience and location plus the standard package of Pardes Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to, 100% health insurance for the employee, 403b matching plan, paid time off, paid holidays (Jewish and secular), FSA, Group Life and Personal Accident Insurance, and parental leave.
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to the PNA Programs Associate, Darielle Shandler, at [email protected]. Please include your name and “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Pardes North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all organizational facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.