LOCATION: Orlando or Tampa, Florida
START DATE: As soon as possible
Do you want to make a big impact in the Jewish community? Do you dream of being in a job that enables you to implement change and innovation? If so, this is your chance to make that dream come alive!
BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join our team as a Regional Director in North Florida Region. Regional Directors play a key role in the success of our organization by working closely with teens, the community and other BBYO staff to strengthen and grow our movement locally. This is your chance to make an impact by engaging and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You’re creative, quick on your feet and like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality and love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you're good at juggling multiple priorities at once.
We’re a global network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens with over 600 teen-led local chapters and 100 weekend retreats, along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, travel programs and leadership camps. We work as a strong and inclusive team and each day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and metrics driven. We are constantly innovating and developing new programs and offerings for teens, their parents and the local community.
What you’ll get to do as our Regional Director:
- Lead the BBYO community as they work with teens to create impactful, fun and dynamic programs including large scale community projects and four to five overnight conventions each year
- Provide guidance and supervise the volunteer advisors that work directly with local chapters
- Work with the BBYO team throughout Florida to implement annual plans to foster growth of BBYO in the state
- Work directly with teen leaders to expand membership and impact of BBYO throughout the region
- Build partnerships and networks in the community
- Attend summer camp (but this time you’re in charge!) as you lead teen leadership programs
- Empower and inspire staff, teens, volunteers and advisors through your mentorship, coaching and training
- Host the BBYO Movement in Orlando for International Convention to mark BBYO’s 100th anniversary.
What you’ll learn as our Regional Director:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to manage a budget and track and analyze business metrics
- How to work with a global team and across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities
- Supervisory skills as you manage a team of volunteers and others
- Professionalism and the ability to inspire and influence others to action
- 2-5 years of work experience
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher. Management experience preferred
- Experience with youth or teens is preferred
- Experience leading teams or projects is preferred
- Ability to travel as needed and to staff a summer leadership program at a location in the U.S. for 2-3 weeks each summer
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. without holding visa or sponsorship now or in the future
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function with or without reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
Benefits of Working for BBYO:?
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability, and 2.5x Salary Life Insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 22 Paid Secular and Jewish Holidays
- Flexible Work Environment
- Generous 403b and Roth Retirement Plan with Vested Match
We provide excellent opportunities for professional development. We have a flexible work environment, we promote work life blend and we provide generous family leave. You’ll find friends, mentors, and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, celebrate your Jewish identity, give back to your community, bring out the best in others, and, most important, be yourself.
We are committed to enhancing the Jewish experience, valuing diversity, providing equal opportunity, and maintaining an environment free from discrimination or harassment. BBYO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity by complying with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type in the workplace. Thus, BBYO strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law in all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including without limitation, recruiting, hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, training, wage and salary, benefits, discipline and termination.