The San Francisco-based Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) is working to address rising antisemitism and hate, the delegitimization of Israel, widening racial and economic inequities, and a weakening of our democracy in the Bay Area and across our state. To that end, we are looking to hire an External Relations Associate to help us advance our work building relationships with elected, civic, and community leaders across the Bay Area.
This position works closely with the collaborative Community Relations team to fulfill the responsibilities outlined below.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with elected, civic, and community leaders from across the Bay Area to advance the shared interests of the Jewish and our neighboring communities.
- Support JCRC’s relationship and stewardship efforts by scheduling meetings, drafting agendas and talking points, sharing resources, and drafting correspondence.
- Represent JCRC in interfaith and community meetings, events, and programs
- Assist with responding to community relations issues.
- Oversee administrative tasks for our annual Israel trip, such as registration, cohort communication, participant tracking, flight management, and other coordination.
- Support Israel Trip alumni by sending newsletters, organizing education and networking events, elevating their work in the Jewish community, providing resources, etc.
- Assist with volunteer management and engagement for community relations issues, programs, meetings, and events.
- Assist JCRC programs team on specific programmatic needs such as organizing/hosting webinars, background research, data entry, issue research and tracking, and sending emails and other communications.
- Take on periodic administrative projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to three years’ experience in state or local politics, government affairs, political campaigns, lobbying/advocacy, community relations, civic outreach, or similar fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with people from varied backgrounds in a professional manner on the phone, via email and in person
- Experience cultivating relationships with local elected, civic and community leaders
- Familiarity with Jewish community and knowledge of Jewish identities, antisemitism, and Israel
- Familiarity with local political landscape in the Bay Area preferred
- Organized with strong attention to detail. Experience with data management/tracking in Salesforce or equivalent CRM system preferred
- Ability to prioritize workflow, with a track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative (self-starter)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency with Zoom, MS Office suite, and Salesforce
- Flexibility and willingness to handle new and evolving duties and roles as needed