Wanted: Music Specialist and Engaging Song-leader
Temple Kehillat Chaim, a Reform Congregation in Roswell, Georgia is looking for an energetic, engaging and skilled song leader and music specialist to join our community in July 2023.
We’re looking for someone who can bring people together through music.
Our ideal candidate is great with people of all ages, familiar with Reform Jewish worship and music, and plays the guitar.
Specific responsibilities include weekly participation in religious school on Sundays, Shabbat evening services, B’nai Mitzvah morning worship services and leading the junior choir.
Come join us. Build lasting relationships with our amazing community of friendly, welcoming people. We’ll value your music and your ideas.
Included in yearly salary is $200-250 per service, commensurate with experience. Services are approxiamtely 60-90 minutes.
Please send resume and cover letter to Eric Simon, Search Committee Chair at [email protected]
Music Specialist Responsibilities
- Approximately 40 Friday Night Services
- Approximately 10 Saturday Morning Services
- Holiday Services and Celebrations (Non-High Holy Days) to include, but not limited to, Simchat Torah, Sukkot, Chanukah, Purim and Passover Seder. Purim to include 4 rehearsals.
- Junior Choir
- Direct Jr. Choir, which includes leading rehearsals on Sunday and directing Jr. Choir at Family Shabbat and holidays, possibly including Simchat Torah, Chanukah, Purim, and Passover.
- Religious School
- Possibly a Hebrew tutor, includes singing/chanting
- Music teacher for Little Mensches-2nd Grade
- Assist Tefilah for 3-7th Grade
- Meet with Rabbi as needed to plan, and prepare for, services and programs.