Jewish Family Services of Ottawa is looking for a part-time Case Manager. Under the supervision of the Manager of Tikvah, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing direct services to Jewish low-income clients that includes case management, advocacy, supportive counselling, access to resources, crisis interventions and referrals to agencies as required.
The Tikvah Program offers support and financial assistance to those in the Ottawa Jewish Community who are low income and face financial and other barriers. The issue of poverty is often accompanied by other challenging issues such as mental health, addictions, physical and other disabilities, and family violence
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete comprehensive needs assessment and identify appropriate services and supports for clients.
- Provide on-going case management ensuring quality client care that is consistent with best practices, agency standards, and evidence-based approaches such as trauma informed person-centred approach, problem solving and solution-focused therapies.
- Provides referral information for other community resources and services as appropriate to client need.
- Collaborate with other professionals (ie: doctors and other healthcare and human service professionals).
- Home visits as necessary
- Create and maintain confidential accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive client records
- Participate in supervision, meetings, workshops (including professional development opportunities)
- Performs related work as assigned
- Develop programming that would reduce social isolation for client group
- Master of Social Work (MSW) or equivalent from a recognized educational institution required.
- Registered or eligible for registration with OCSWSSW, OASW or equivalent Professional colleges/Association
- Certificate of/or eligibility for Professional Liability Insurance
- Minimum two years of experience in a community-based setting
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of community resources, relevant city service-provider networks, community-based health care, and income-maintenance legislation and services, as well as issues impacting individuals affected by mental, physical and/or cognitive illnesses.
- Ability to assess situations and respond appropriately to client needs
- Experience working with individuals with complex cognitive and mental health needs
- Aptitude and interest in client education and advocacy for clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients and other agencies who are involved with the care of the clients
- Sound judgement and strong problem-solving skills
- Skill set to provide psychosocial assessment, intervention, supportive counselling, evaluation, and client education using social work knowledge, skills, interventions, and strategies.
- Proficient use of computers and various software applications
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, values, and traditions
Jewish Family Services of Ottawa supports equal opportunity employment. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Right Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Jewish Family Services.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply at: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/jfsottawa/31081 with a resume and a cover letter linking your experience with the job posting