Temple Shaaray Tefila is a vibrant synagogue in Bedford, NY.
We are seeking an organized self-starter to join our team and engage a community growing in numbers and participation. The ideal candidate is up-beat, motivated, creative, and works well with others.
Across all Shaaray Tefila does, we connect our members and their families to each other, to the greater Jewish community, and to Israel. Anyone who seeks a warm and vibrant Jewish community will feel comfortable in our congregation. (shaaraytefila.org)
Our Communications and Engagement Assistant will report to the Executive Director, with a dotted line to the Senior Director of Membership and Engagement, and will work across a set of responsibilities which include:
- Collaborate on regular temple marketing and communications approach and elements: emails, social media posts and other outreach, to engage temple members and broader community
- Create and update membership materials
- Develop and update content for website
- Poactively and consistently contribute to an excellent member experience
- Provide input to and utilize database to ensure our members feel known
- Spearhead key processes to facilitate regular operations
- Support members by answering questions, addressing issues and providing support.
Programming and Event Support:
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of temple programs & events, including:
- Manage the temple events calendar and registration
- Work with the Facilities team to define specific set ups and arrangements
- Staff specific programs, assisting lay leaders and professional colleagues
- Act as point of contact for members/non-members having events at the temple
- Provide information and coordinate elements of those events
- Maintain contracts and deposits for all rentals
- Serve as a member of the Administrative team with general collaborative responsibilities including answering phone and emails, ordering supplies
- Provide administrative and communications support for the Senior Director of Membership Engagement.
- Staff some membership engagement events
This position requires occasional weekend work. Knowledge of Google Drive, Excel, Microsoft Word, Chaverware/Shulcloud, CRM databases ideal.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]