Temple Beth Ami is a vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Rockville, MD. Gan Ami is the name for our early childhood department. Gan Ami provides early childhood education, summer camp, parent-child classes, and family engagement programs. Our school was established in 1989 and continues to evolve to meet the needs of our community. Our vision: “Every child is prepared for future social and intellectual pursuits, and every family feels a meaningful connection with our community.”
To enhance our leadership team to prepare for future growth, we are hiring an Assistant Director for Operations. This professional will direct our summer and extended care programs, as well as establish operating systems to ensure compliance with congregational and governmental procedures.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with early childhood education settings along with superior organizational, interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Summer Program, including hiring staff, marketing, program design, administration, and oversight.
- Extended Care Program, including supervising staff, inventory of supplies, registration and billing.
- Licensing, including adherence to all regulations, monitoring of regulation changes, and creation of necessary policies.
- Congregational Data Base, including input and maintenance of all teachers’, parents’, and children’s records and reports.
- Receptionist Duties, shared with other administrators, including responding efficiently and effectively to families and guests.
- Supply Management, particularly regarding food and kitchen needs.
- Substitute scheduling, including the coordination of classroom coverage as needed, and monitoring of pay and leave.
- Serve as Director for purposes of licensing, supervision, and family communication when Director is absent.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Meet, or have the ability to quickly obtain, director’s level certification in accordance with MSDE regulations
- Familiarity with early childhood education settings
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Skilled at establishing, maintaining, and deepening collegial relationships with Temple and School Staff and Families
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Attitude of professionalism, collaboration, acceptance, and inclusivity
- Ability to create and maintain organizational systems
- Intermediate or greater comfort with MS Office Suite and CRM databases
- Experience with community-based program design and implementation
- Preferred work in summer camp and/or Jewish communal programs
On-Site Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10 am – 6 pm, 12 months