POSITION TITLE: Educational Coordinator for the “Shinshinim” Year of Service Program
LOCATION: Westchester, NY
CATEGORY: Full time
START: June 1st (part time), August 1st (full time)
The Jewish Agency for Israel is seeking an excellent candidate to fill the position of Educational Coordinator for the Shinshinim Year of Service Program in Westchester.
The Shinshinim Year of Service Abroad Program recruits and places well equipped, trained, young Israeli engagers in several institutions in the Westchester Jewish Community. The “Shinshin” or participant, develops personal relationships with the community at large by working in formal and informal Jewish education systems. The “Shinshinim” (plural of Shinshin) bring authentic Israel programing and flavor into the institution and work to develop interpersonal connections with youth and the overall community.
The Coordinator ensures the successful implementation of the program in the local Westchester schools, synagogues and other organizations across the community. The coordinator is in charge of guiding and supporting the Shinshinim throughout the year and making sure the program achieves its goals. The coordinator liaises with the Jewish Agency for Israel, local organizational staff, educators, and host families.
Tasks include supervising the Shinshinim, professionally, logistically and emotionally.
Supervise, manage, and foster a team of Shinshinim.
- Ensure cross-collaboration with professionals within the partnering institutions to better leverage resources and talent, including facilitation of a round table
- Expand connections with the Jewish organizations for programming, community-building and engagement
- Manage and develop the connections with the host families' community while expanding the network
- Strengthen both the individual Shinshinim and the collective of the group through collaboration on projects and social interactions of the group
- Help ease the Shinshinim into American culture and maintain open lines of communication throughout the year
- Program evaluation management, including data collection, analysis and visualization
- Create and run professional training and development for the Shinshinim
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task
- Must be collaborative
- Hard working, flexible in time
- Positive approach and result ordinated
- Knowledge of Jewish educational environments and understanding of Israel and Israeli society.
- Experience working in Jewish schools and/or the Jewish community, both formal or informal is a plus.
- Familiarity with Israeli mentality and Hebrew speaking a plus
- Must be capable of working with a variety of populations
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- knowledge and ability to use databases, computer spreadsheets, word processing andother basic programs
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a non-profit organization or an educational system
- Valid work permit required
- Ideal candidate will be looking to grow into a supervisory role as we anticipate our needs will be growing and changing
- Intermittent Standing with prolonged periods of sitting at desk or in
- Must have stamina needed to attend morning, evening and weekend meetings and events in addition to regular schedule.
- Must provide own transportation and have a valid state of NY license and proof of automobile insurance. Position involves local traveling within Westchester County.
- Must be available for local, national and international travel to attend meetings, functions and other activities.
- Local candidates preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]