Manager of Affinities Division
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey
Department: Financial Resource Development
Reports to: Senior Director, Major Gifts
Status: Full-time Exempt Position
Location: Northern New Jersey
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in northern New Jersey, in Israel, and around the world. Our primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Manager of the Affinities Division is the key link to professionals who support Federation through career and industry groups, including Business & Professionals and Physicians & Dentists. Working with the Senior Director of Major Gifts, the Manager will develop and implement a strategy to engage and steward members of this cohort who currently give between $1,000 and $9,999 to the annual campaign, and develop relationships with prospective donors. This position is responsible for developing a suite of engagement events and functions focused across the northern New Jersey catchment area. As a member of the development team, the Manager is expected to contribute to the overall success of Federation’s financial resource development strategy.
- Manages Federation’s mid-level campaign for current, lapsed, and prospective affinity donors with annual campaign giving between $1,000 - $9,999.
- In consultation with the Senior Director of Major Gifts, sets annual campaign goals, including timely and accurate reporting of campaign progress, donor engagement, etc.
- Implements suite of events to engage donors and prospects to retain and/or enhance the giving of attendees and participants:
- Oversees the Maimonides Society Honor Roll and annual dinner, which recognizes the participation of healthcare professionals.
- Creates an annual series of Healthcare breakfast events at leading hospitals such as Englewood, Hackensack, Valley, and Holy Name.
- Develops a committee structure for Business & Professionals that offers pathways for leadership and improved engagement.
- Designs a semi-annual hallmark event for the Business & Professionals community that draws a large (100+) attendance.
- Launches a continuing professional education (CLE, CME, etc.) program to provide additional touchpoints for these professionals with Federation.
- Cultivates one-to-one relationships with donors to understand each individual’s Federation journey, as well as communication and engagement preferences.
- Stewards donors through appropriate organizational channels, including affinity division board positions, JCRC, Board of Trustees, Volunteer Center, Center for Israel Engagement, Women’s Philanthropy, and others.
- Identifies prospective donors through analysis, networking, outreach, and engagement strategies.
- Solicits gifts and manages pool of lay leadership solicitation.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree.
- 3-5 years development experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Event design and implementation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good sense of humor and a life-long learner.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong personal commitment to Federation’s mission.
- Knowledge of northern New Jersey Jewish community a plus.
- Flexibility to work evenings and some Sundays.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply, please send Cover Letter & Resume to: [email protected]
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.