About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund seeks to recruit a Director for fundraising activities throughout Orlando. The Director is accountable for producing significant annual increases in the number of donors to JNF’s National Campaign at all gift levels.
- Travel weekly and as needed to regions within Orlando to serve as the professional voice and face of Jewish National Fund
- Review the donor data base with your Supervisor to develop a portfolio. You should aim to manage a minimum of 250 donors and prospects in your portfolio.
- Manage and oversee local Board and Trustees. Plan and execute monthly meetings, work to fill committee positions, create pipeline for future Board members
- Identify and cultivate new major donor prospects, $5,000 - $100,000, and steward the relationship of those donors within Jewish National Fund’s major donor giving societies and programs.
- Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of major donors, both new and prospective, with a minimum standard of five meetings per week with donors and prospects. Please note that face to face meetings will be the main part of your position and should encompass the majority of your time
- Develop and identify new donor prospects
- Oversee the General Campaign with the creation of lay leadership committee ($1000-4999)
- Oversee the Community Campaign with the creation of lay leadership committee ($250-999)
- Work with local leadership to build a vibrant Women for Israel campaign
- Work closely with key lay leaders, on and off your board, to empower them to help you grow the campaign
- Enter all touch points and activities in our donor database and manage the database to keep the information in it about your donors current. We require you to learn JNF Salesforce Database Management System and other software tools as applicable and become proficient in them
- Recruit for JNF Missions to Israel
- Recruit for JNF National Conference
- Develop fundraising events such as JNF Breakfasts, cultivation events, and parlor meetings
- You will be expected to attend meetings and events which also take place in the evening and weekends
- Any other duties that your supervisor may assign to you
- 5+ years fundraising or sales experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and speaking
- Creative, dependable, self-disciplined individual who is capable of minimal on-site supervision
- Superior problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, depending on scheduled JNF events and donor, prospect and lay leadership schedules.
- Travel to other regions and Israel
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Database/Salesforce)
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel