Classroom Teacher of Hebrew & Jewish Studies
Our teaching position is a unique opportunity to join a special community of educators. Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy, in Overland Park, Kansas, is a student-centered Jewish day school which affords teachers the freedom to be creative and innovative, with support and guidance from their administrators. Teachers are an integral part of the school and beloved by the HBHA families. HBHA is a school that seeks to empower teachers to bring their full selves to work, rather than asking them to simply read a lesson plan. HBHA is truly an exceptional work environment, and as such we are seeking an exceptional Hebrew & Jewish studies middle and upper school teacher.
If you are:
- An expert in Jewish texts, prayer, thought, history and practice,
- A spiritual, energetic, and creative Jewish leader,
- A thoughtful and reflective educator, or who is a life-long learner and wants to continually improve your practice.
- A team player, willing to support others and be supported by others in an environment that cherishes community, teamwork, and cross curricular innovation.
- An excellent communicator and willing to work in partnership with parents in the best interest of the children.
- Someone who values creativity and autonomy over adhering to a rigid structure, bureaucracy and preparing for tests.
- Someone who thrives without being micromanaged, while still being open to ideas from peers and administrators
- Values teaching the whole child, not just the three Rs
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3-5 years of teaching experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of 21st Century skills, differentiated instruction, modeling and project-based learning
- Have strong classroom management strategies and excellent communication skills
- Inspire a love of learning that will continue through Middle and Upper School
- Be committed to professional growth and professional sharing
- Work collaboratively with members of the grade level team as well as administration, students, and families
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, and teaching experience preferred
HBHA may be the place for you! We offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A warm and supportive work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- A chance to develop the craft of teaching
Please complete the online application and remember to upload your cover letter, resume, and provide three references.