Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers best-in-class, person-centered programs and resources to transform lives. Building on our 125-year history, we are here to help individuals and families of all faiths live to their full potential. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. We serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
Working at JF&CS:
At JF&CS, we hold these values close to our heart: Commitment and integrity, compassion and respect, innovation and collaboration, professionalism, and responsiveness to diverse needs. Guided by Jewish values, and voted a Top Workplace for 2022 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, we are a welcoming community of professionals passionate about making a difference in the community. For testimonials from staff on what it’s like being part of the JF&CS family, you can visit our Careers page.
JF&CS is now seeking a part-time Career Services Coordinator position. This is not a remote position.
PURPOSE: An opportunity to work with a supportive and growing Careers team and to work directly with job seekers. The Careers Services Coordinator must be enthusiastic, engaged, and committed to being a partner in helping those who wish to work to find employment and a partner with community employers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Engages with job seekers through workshops, advertisement, job fairs, employment events, and through the creation of strong referral networks.
- Facilitates trainings on all aspects of job readiness and professionalism.
- Helps candidates strengthen resumes, cover letters, interview skills, networking skills and other job readiness skills Commits to helping each job-seeker to achieve at the highest level possible, whether those candidates are people without degrees or work experience, seasoned C-Level executives, or anything in-between.
- Presents job ready clients to employers for potential placement.
- Provides case management and other follow-up to ensure retention for up to one year following placement.
- Relationship builder who engages with a wide variety of employers in the community.
- Collects data as required by funders and/or program plan for reporting to the organization and to outside funders.
- Works with the team to design training opportunities and other programing.
- In addition to the foregoing, the employee will perform other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A desire to work in the non-profit sector and a commitment to offering the very best services in a manner aligned with JF&CS' mission.
- High-energy positive attitude and an approachable and professional demeanor.
- Knowledge and experience with populations who may have barriers to placement including long term unemployed, people returning to the workplace after a significant hiatus, new college graduates, and low/middle skills workers.
- Ability to source candidates.
- Good relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Sense of urgency and flexibility, the ability to adapt and respond accordingly
- Good computer skills (must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and the ability to adjust focus, and ability to maintain well-organized files. Ability to focus and attend to details.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A 4-year college degree preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a role which requires client facing interactions.
- Knowledge of and experience in job readiness and placement preferred.
COVID VACCINE MANDATE
Where permitted by applicable law, the applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for employment. The booster requirement must be met 30 days after you become eligible, and proof of booster must be provided to Human Resources. JF&CS is an EEO employer and will engage in interactive dialogue regarding any accommodation requested based on medical or religious considerations.