Schechter Boston is looking for dynamic and engaging Early Childhood Education Toddler Teachers for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children.
- Develop activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with children, parents and staff.
- Supervise children at all times.
- The ideal candidate must be warm, nurturing and passionate about working with young children.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, background in education/early childhood education preferred.
- Two years of relevant work experience, preferred.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 50 pounds.
- Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45pm
- Monday-Firday, 7:45am-1:30pm
- Monday-Wednesday, 12-6pm; Thursday, 8am-6pm; Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- We thrive to provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that supports our faculty and staff, including: health insurance, prescription drug benefit, vision, healthcare/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, paid holidays, sick time and personal time, and early dismissal on Fridays. Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
About the School:
Gan Shelanu is the early childhood program of Schechter Boston. The program is designed for children ages 15 months to 4+ years. At Gan Shelanu we believe that children’s work is their play. Our thematic curriculum is play-based, incorporating weekly specialists in music, art, literacy and physical education. Jewish life and Jewish identity are cornerstones of our program. Children learn about Jewish values, Hebrew, holidays and traditions.
Accessible by public transportation:
Schechter is accessible by NewMo, a Newton-sponsored ridesharing service from the following stations: Newtonville Station (Commuter Rail- Worcester Line), Needham Heights Station (Commuter Rail- Needham Line) Chestnut Hill Station (MBTA Green Line-D), Newton Highlands Station (MBTA Green Line- D). NewMo lets you book a ride ($2/ride) from any of these stations to the Wells Avenue Business District, where the school is located.