Temple Beth Am (TBAM) in Pinecrest, Florida, the largest reform congregation in the Southeastern United States, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support its Temple administration team. Temple Beth Am, which also operates the Rambam Day School, and a soon-to-open new cultural and activity center, is the premier institution for Jewish life in Miami.
In this role you will work with the rest of the Temple administrative support team to provide assistance to the Temple Directors by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, filing, typing, relaying messages, opening and routing mail, printing labels, preparing mailings, faxing, scanning, copying, creating spreadsheets, and managing data bases.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position and reports to the Senior Director of Security and Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the highest level of administrative assistance with discretion, confidentiality and experienced professionalism involving creation of correspondence, letter writing, editing, mailings, and follow up on any projects.
- Receive and return phone calls
- Schedule meetings
- Keep projects on schedule
- Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
- Help maintain Temple databases
- Occasional evening and weekend work as needed
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years equivalent work experience required
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and has attention to details
- Able to work on multiple priority items under pressure with the ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Must have a professional demeanor, positive and proactive attitude; good judgment and be reliable
- Have discretion with confidential and sensitive issues
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Occasional exposure to outdoor activities may be requested. Weekend and evening work in alignment with Temple activities is sometimes required.
Level 2 background clearance as defined by the Florida Statutes/law.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] Please indicate “Administrative Assistant” in your subject line. Unfortunately, submissions without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls, please.