About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Project Coordinator provides broad administrative support to a team of event professionals working across the organization to produce approximately 30 marquee events and 300 smaller engagement gatherings annually either in person or virtually; all in person events are held in New York City. The Project Coordinator works closely with departments across the organization that provide critical resources, training, and support for these events. Additionally, the Project Coordinator will work with a variety of vendors that are contracted to support these events.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in UJA Federation’s journal ad software system (JAS) and digital publishing software, Flowpaper. The process includes setting up journals through final product of print and/or digital journal formats.
- Manage and process food, beverage, and rental orders for outside events, insuring the delivery and vendor payment.
- Process floral and gift orders for events and donor/staff recognition, insuring the delivery of through vendor payment.
- Manage requests for honoree awards, working directly with vendors, insuring delivery and receipt of awards.
- Manages requests and all administrative aspects related to the set-up, use and payment to new vendors.
- Manage requests for photographers for in person events, including work order requests through vendor payment.
- Assist with the management of event registration, including requesting contracts with event registration vendors, iPad check-in using internal lists, and creation of name tags.
- Collaborate with the AV Team providing creative solutions and support with hybrid and virtual event production.
- Work with Event and Marketing Teams to ensure proper event collateral (including wayfinding, banners, back drops, step and repeats, podium banner, etc.) are appropriately requested, delivered, and returned to UJA for all events. Additionally, ensure that all such materials are maintained, inventoried and ready for use.
- Inventory and maintain all Event Team related supplies required at in person events. Ensure delivery and return to/from event site.
- Attend and work events as needed.
- Additional assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, event production, or event marketing management preferred.
- Minimum one year of general administrative/office experience in a professional environment.
- Some experience in working in the hospitality, live events, event planning/production industry.
- Reliable, customer service oriented and positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented, excellent time management skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible and proactive self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized computer files for fast retrieval.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Zoom.
- Ability to quickly achieve proficiency in UJA proprietary software as well as event planning software such as Social Tables and Check inTech.
- Previous experience using AV technology for meetings and small events, virtual or in person is a plus.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.