Kol Ami Synagogue Executive Director
Kol Ami is a new Reform congregation formed from a collaboration between Congregation Or Chadash and Temple Emanu-El. Now the largest Reform congregation in Southern Arizona, Kol Ami is seeking to hire an Executive Director. Kol Ami provides spiritual, educational, cultural, social activities, programs, and services to more than 500 families. The new Executive Director will work with the Board and Clergy to create a new culture and move the organization forward. Located in beautiful Tucson, Arizona, the leadership seeks a warm & welcoming Executive Director.
Since its founding, Kol Ami has focused on its vision of a “home of joyful Judaism for all.” Kol Ami has a budget of $3.6 million, a team of over 85 staff (including the religious school and early childhood programs) and has made a significant impact through development of small communities focusing on various interest groups, re-focusing on the creation of a caring community, and expanding friendships and relationships throughout the congregation and the community. Learn more at our website.
This is an exciting opportunity to have real impact on the Jewish community of Tucson for years to come.
Kol Ami seeks a dynamic and experienced executive to continue to build the future of our congregation. The ideal candidate will partner with the Board of Trustees, Clergy and staff to develop and execute a vision for the next chapter of Kol Ami.
The Executive Director is the chief executive of Kol Ami responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operations, including administrative, facilities, and development; is the key point of contact for members and prospective members; and manages the finances of the synagogue.
Areas of Focus
- Board Partnership
- Vision & Strategy
- Growing Resources
Our ideal candidate will embody the values of Kol Ami and bring experienced leadership and strategic insights to the work through the following skills and characteristics:
- Deep belief and passion for Kol Ami’s purpose
- Compelling communicator and storyteller
- Keen understanding of the ability to listen, meet people where they are and engage in meaningful dialogue with stakeholders
- Leads and manages with intention
- Culturally responsive and emotionally intelligent
- Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrates compassion and empathy, especially in times of crisis
- Digitally savvy with enthusiasm about its possibilities
- Leads and manages with a growth mindset, open to learning and adapting
- Courageous and compassionate truth-teller
- Recognizes that leadership is a joyful responsibility
- Success in hiring, supervising, developing and retaining staff members and building effective teams and organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with congregants, Clergy, staff and lay leadership in furtherance of Kol Ami’s mission.
- Ability to create a warm, welcoming community at all levels for members, Clergy, staff and visitors.
- A proven track record in financial and budgetary matters, including establishment of policies and procedures and follow through of same. Experience with QuickBooks and Shul Cloud is helpful.
- Ability to recognize key issues and develop creative and appropriate solutions, as well as the ability to multitask, understanding the big picture while maintaining a focus on individual duties.
- Must be a team player who strives to provide excellent service and make sure all business and programs run smoothly and in compliance with legal, ethical and religious requirements.
- Sufficient Jewish knowledge to direct Kol Ami activities and to function effectively as a representative and spokesperson (irrespective of ritual activities).
The salary range for this position is $130,000 - $140,000. A comprehensive benefits package is also available.
For more information, or to apply, please contact [email protected]
Kol Ami is an equal employment opportunity employer. This policy ensures our policies and practices are administered without discrimination regarding race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression), age, national origin, citizenship, disability, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by law. Kol Ami does not consider the religion or religious affiliation of applicants and employees in making personnel decisions unless the religious activities of the particular job assignment require that the employee be a member of the Jewish faith. We provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of employees.