The Investment Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and isresponsible for a variety of accounting functions such as monthly closing, account reconciliations and analysis, and financial reporting for the Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with full cycle accounting for Foundation’s investments
•Conduct monthly closing as assigned
• Prepare/upload General Ledger entries as assigned
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts
• Analyze transactions and reconcile General Ledger accounts as assigned
• Support Assistant Controller in carrying out accounting responsibilities
• Review reports prepared by third party administrator and internal staff
• Provide reporting on special projects and internal financial reports as assigned
• Assist in training of new accounting staff
• Assist the department in preparation for the audit
• Work closely with Foundation staff
• Serve as backup to other accounting team members
• Recommend process improvements
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.Minimum 3.5 GPA is preferred.
• 2 years of experience in an accounting function is required.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Great Excel skills.
• Excellent data entry skills.
• Work well under pressure with periodic heavy loads in a team environment.
• Good communications skills.
• Proficiency in various computer software programs including MS Office and accounting systems.
• Appreciation of Jewish culture is a plus.
Please submit resumes
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer
No recruiters please