Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
American Jewish Committee’s Global Communications Department seeks an outgoing, detail-oriented creative writer with a passion for collaboration to advance AJC’s content marketing efforts.
The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive. The position will work closely with a range of internal stakeholders, create written content for external target audiences, implement content marketing best practices, keep the AJC editorial calendar, and oversee the organization’s content marketing KPIs. This position works closely with AJC’s Director of Digital Innovation.
The Content Marketing Manager does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Create at least two pieces of original written content per week, including the drafting of AJC Dispatch, a weekly email newsletter, and at least one other mass email or text-based content for AJC.org;
- In coordination with the Director of Digital Innovation, ensure that all content produced by AJC, including written, podcast, and video pieces, adhere to best practices for content marketing and SEO;
- Publish all written content to AJC.org via the organization’s CMS, cross-posting content when needed, and working with key content team members to secure highly-shareable graphics for each piece of published content;
- Create, manage, and monitor, in collaboration with the Director of Digital Innovation, a system to track KPIs associated with AJC’s content marketing strategy and regularly update all AJC content producers on how to best optimize the performance of articles, podcasts, and videos;
- Produce a year-end analytics report of AJC content;
- Translate content produced for internal audiences into content that can be used for external audiences and aligns with AJC’s brand voice;
- Oversee AJC’s digital content library and archives in order to ensure past AJC content can be re-used and updated depending on trending social media and news topics;
- Closely follow relevant news/anticipate upcoming news cycles to help brainstorm content that can be leveraged in AJC’s response, in concert with organizational leadership and other stakeholders;
- Project manage AJC’s content marketing plan, working with the Managing Director of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Digital Innovation along with internal and external stakeholders from start to finish, including, but not limited to, the following: the interviewing of lay leaders and key AJC staff, conducting market research, brainstorming content ideas, developing content; tracking KPIs, and coordinating middle and end of funnel engagement opportunities.
- Draft and integrate into AJC content lead generation tools and other calls to action critical to the content marketing funnel.
- Build and maintain a robust editorial calendar, in coordination with AJC’s social media team and advocacy calendar.
- Three to four years’ work experience in the field of communications, including at least two years’ experience creating written content for external audiences, journalism experience highly preferred;
- Bachelor's degree;
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect American Jewry, the Jewish people, and Israel;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends (often on short notice);
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment;
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions and knowing when to take initiative;
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Understanding of online communications technologies, including CMS, experience with Drupal a plus;
- Interest in data and analytics;
- Commitment to AJC’s mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
- Portfolio will be required.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r19w0jxl12ub8qm/