Our client, SINAI Schools www.sinaischools.org seeks an experienced, committed, and dynamic Director of Development, who will report to our Associate Managing Director, to lead and expand the organization’s fundraising operations.
As the only Jewish Special Education school accredited by the prestigious Middle States Association of Primary and Secondary Schools, SINAI Schools is widely recognized as one of the country’s leading Jewish schools for children with disabilities and special needs. SINAI currently operates eight schools, including two elementary schools and four high schools in NJ and two elementary schools in NY, all of which are integrated within a regular education Jewish partner school.
SINAI Schools has a 40-year, successful track record in fundraising and is blessed with broad community support from thousands of donors. They have experienced significant growth and are now a $20MM+ organization.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic collaborator and a skilled communicator with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, a drive to achieve results, and a passionate belief in the importance of Jewish special education.
- In coordination with senior management, develop and execute an overall fundraising plan to meet annual and long-term fundraising goals.
- Lead the annual campaign, including coordinating solicitations and outreach with senior management and Board members, soliciting donors, securing and managing relationships with dinner honorees, and monitoring progress towards goals.
- Lead fundraising efforts throughout the remainder of the year, including major gifts and other solicitations, parlor meetings and various seasonal and targeted campaigns.
- Expand SINAI’s donor base and engage in ongoing donor cultivation and stewardship, including cultivating younger donors to build a pipeline of future support.
- Personally develop and carry a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
- In collaboration with senior management and Board members, develop and implement an endowment campaign and grow our recently launched legacy campaign.
- Supervise and work in coordination with our Senior Development Associate to achieve fundraising goals.
- Collaborate and strategize with Director of Communications on fundraising messages across all communication platforms, including but not limited to paid advertising, e-blasts, social media, and the like.
- Maintain messaging on development pages on the website.
- Oversee and grow SINAI’s grant procurement program, including new prospect research and the preparation and submission of letters of intent, grant proposals, and update reports, as needed.
- Monitor and oversee the invoicing and collection of pledges.
- Supervise and maximize usage of donor database data analytics.
- Propose and implement new development initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years of senior level development experience.
- Proven track record in raising funds, including major gifts, and achieving aggressive fundraising goals.
- Confidence to build and cultivate trusting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including but not limited to Board members, major donors and prospects, senior management and other colleagues, volunteers, and foundation personnel.
- Experience working collaboratively with lay leaders.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple development projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing and maximizing results of intimate and large-scale events, from inception to execution.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Please submit your application to: Director of Development (#969) | Joel Paul Group