Education Director of the Torah School and Preschool Program at Temple Beth Shalom Long Beach
The Education Director position requires self-reliance and self-motivating skills. A warm, encouraging outlook and personality are essential. The Education Director's general responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate preschool program/development
- Prepare/implement written curriculum
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and mange teaching and assistant teaching staff
- Develop school budget and handle financial matters
- Prepare school calendar
- Schedule and help coordinate B’nai Mitzvahs, meet with families to discuss timeline and expectations
- Purchase education materials, snacks, and crafts within the budget
- Teach classes in the case of a teacher absence
- Maintain regular on-site work hours
- Collaborate with clergy, Board of Directors, and Education Committee regarding curriculum, special programs, Shabbat services and other school needs
- Coordinate High Holy Days youth programming (not childcare)
- Coordinate Friday night "Dinner and a Service" and Saturday "Ruach Shabbat" Kiddush.
- Coordinate and attend Havdalah Nights (programming, education, food)
- Engage in school marketing and outreach efforts
- Broaden reach to attract children of unaffiliated families living at a distance to the Torah school
Regular classes are held on Tuesdays from 4:15-6:15 and Saturdays from 9-noon and/or in coordination with TBS clergy and the TBS Education Committee. Monthly or bi monthly services are held on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings as well.
Increasing enrollment is a primary goal and a key responsibility/focus will be school marketing and outreach efforts.
The monthly salary for this position is $1,800.
Start date: as soon as possible
Employment as the Education Director for the 2023-2024 school year would conclude on June 30, 2024.
Temple Beth Shalom employees do not participate in the California State Disability Insurance program and are not entitled to California Disability Insurance benefits. In addition, TBS does not participate in the California Unemployment Insurance program and former employees are not entitled to California unemployment insurance benefits.
If you are interested please contact:
Brook Brounley: [email protected], 714.271.6633
Rabbi Menachem Mirski: [email protected], 424.522.9438