Temple B’nai Torah, a URJ congregation in Bellevue, WA seeks an engaging, energetic, and responsible individual to help oversee and grow our teen youth program. The Youth Engagement Coordinator works as part of a collaborative team responsible for the overall implementation of education and Reform Jewish learning and programming across all age groups.
- Provide leadership training to BTY youth group board, and facilitate their success in planning and implementing social, cultural, and community service events.
- Attend NFTY retreats and encourage TBT participation
- Plan and run social programs for kids in Kindergarten - 8th grade
- Coordinate teenage assistants (madrichim) who help in our Religious School program on Saturday mornings
- Coordinate teen program on Tuesday evenings
- Teach in Religious School as appropriate
- Coordinate our B’Mitzvah program and serve as a touchpoint for families throughout the whole b’mitzvah process
- Find opportunities to engage the unengaged
- Help staff experiential programs like our Family Retreat and 8th Grade Los Angeles/San Francisco trips
- Maintain consistent communication with Director of Education and lay leaders as necessary
- Establish regular contact (via phone, email, and social media) with children and parents
- Develop promotional materials for events
- Cultivate positive, consistent relationships with our children, teens, and their parents
- Work with other local Jewish community youth groups to foster relationships
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Driven and motivated self-starter
- Previous experience working in Jewish youth engagement through teaching, youth advising, camping, or other relevant settings
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of the Reform Movement
- Sensitivity to individuals with special needs, and experience creating inclusive environments
- Skilled at event planning and logistics
- Computer and social media savvy
SALARY: This is a 9-month position for 32 hours/week. Starting salary $28,000 - $30,000. Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package.
All Candidates must be fully vaccinated and be able to pass a background check.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
Qualified candidates should submit a brief cover letter and a resume to [email protected].