At Luria Academy of Brooklyn, we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Through our individualized approach to learning and commitment to diversity as a core value, our students graduate with a deep love of learning, strong sense of self, and a passion to repair a fractured world.
Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org) serves 320 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated education in a progressive environment. Luria’s students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue.
Luria Academy of Brooklyn seeks a Director of Institutional Advancement who will work in partnership with the Head of School to create a vision for and lead the Institutional Advancement Department. They will collaborate with the Development Committee, and other trustees to sustain and increase the school’s broad-based annual campaign, to cultivate and steward major donors, and to lead the school’s capital campaign. The successful candidate must have an authentic passion for Luria’s mission and demonstrated success in development strategy and operations. They must be a highly articulate communicator skilled at making a compelling case for school support. The Director of Institutional Advancement will be responsible for planning, directing, and managing all fundraising activity and overseeing the strategy for the advancement department.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Work with the Head of School and Board of Trustees to develop a multi-pronged fundraising strategy that will generate short-term results as well as sustainable long-term growth that includes ways to deepen and diversify philanthropic support.
- Design and oversee fundraising events of various sizes and scales, in partnership with the Head of School and Event Producer as per the Development Plan.
- Manage a personal portfolio of prospective donors (foundation and individual) and deepen existing donor relationships through regular cultivation and communication.
- Support the Head of School and board members, and other fundraising volunteers to cultivate and solicit charitable gifts.
- Develop and foster a culture and understanding of philanthropy among the Luria parent community and staff.
- Lead a successful capital campaign for Luria’s new building.
- Serve as an ambassador to the broader community.
- Manage all grant applications and reporting.
- Lead Board governance, fundraising and strategy, in partnership with Head of School.
- Oversee the strategy for and manage the Directors of Admissions, Community Engagement, and Marketing/Communications, under the Advancement Department.
Luria Academy seeks a dynamic development professional to serve as Director of Institutional Advancement. They will report to the Head of School and serve as a key member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team. This is a great opportunity for a leader who has strong relational and communication skills with the ability to convey mission, core values and purpose of Luria clearly and persuasively. The successful candidate will:
- Be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task
- Support the school’s mission and culture
- Demonstrate a track-record of work performed with the highest standards of quality and excellence
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with an emphasis on the ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Be a self-starter with the ability both to innovate and adapt
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to shift priorities when needed in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain flexibility, discretion (confidentiality), and a positive attitude
- Possess a strong work ethic with the ability to meet short deadlines while handling multiple projects
- Have an undergraduate degree and five years of relevant work experience
This position description is based upon material provided by Luria Academy of Brooklyn, an equal opportunity employer.
The Director of Institutional Advancement, will have the opportunity to join a strong, positive school community and work as a key member of the school’s leadership team as it plans and implements strategic initiatives. The school offers a competitive salary and benefits. Inquiries will be treated confidentially and review of candidate files will begin immediately.
Salary range: $175,00-$190,000. Includes health benefits and tuition benefits.
Interested individuals should submit a current resume and a letter of interest to:
Amanda Pogany, Head of School