Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming, inspiring and saving lives in the Palm Beaches and 70 countries around the world. Each year, Jewish Federation inspires thousands of community members to contribute, volunteer and participate in programs that generate nearly $30 million to leading a powerful impact in the community.
This position is designed to assist with and enhance the overall work of the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) as regards Government Affairs, Combatting Antisemitism, Israel Advocacy, and Intergroup/Interfaith Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates in the development, planning and management of JCRC programs.
- Manages and engages volunteer leaders on the JCRC task forces and Jewish organizations on the JCRC Assembly, including correspondence with membership, agenda planning and execution.
- Assists in managing the JCRC board, including preparing materials for board meetings, coordinating committee strategy and advancement, and working to engage board members in the work of JCRC.
- Researches and provides information, technical assistance, and guidance on a broad array of domestic and international issues as required for community education, engagement and mobilization.
- Collaborates with other Federation departments and staff members on related projects.
- Represents the JCRC at meetings and presentations.
- Assists in strengthening the JCRC’s network of interfaith and intergroup contacts by serving as a community representative on various coalitions, task forces, and collaborative ventures and by attending various community events.
- Corresponds with elected officials, staff and other key leaders on a range of domestic and international issues, with an emphasis on Israel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in civic and community engagement, public affairs or related field required; Master’s or better preferred.
- Two or more years of relevant experience in Jewish communal, non-profit, public sector or related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and skills required.
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse lay leaders, volunteers and colleagues.
- Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom and basic database skills required.
- Knowledge of current events and understanding of Israel and the Jewish world, religion, tradition and values and core JCRC issues.
- Knowledge of and experience with the political process on national, state and local levels.
- Excellent research, written, verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Skilled in program development, management and evaluation.
- Ability to think strategically and to help develop long-term goals for the JCRC.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate commitment to Jewish community, Israel and public policy issues.
- Understanding of committee management and development.
- Must be able to pass Level 1 background check.
- Must be able to work off-shift hours including nights and weekends, as needed.
Position is eligible to work from home occassionally in accordance with Federation policies and schedules. When working from home, employee must:
- Follow all Federation policies and procedures,
- Be available to other employees during Federation’s normal business hours,
- Not work from a public place (e.g., coffee shop, library, etc.) and/or join a public, unsecure wi-fi network when working with sensitive or confidential information,
- Coordinate with IT department to maintain appropriate computer equipment and connectivity.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply online, please visit our career’s page. Or email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
NO CALLS, PLEASE.