About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
To provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and to the Office of the President.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned, confident, and highly skilled executive assistant. In this position, you will provide administrative support to the CEO and Board President of the world's largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York. This temporary position is an excellent resume builder and an amazing opportunity to learn about the inner workings of one New York City's preeminent non-profit and cultural institutions.
- Calendar management for CEO and President.
- Answer telephones.
- Assemble folders for daily events; including materials for donor solicitations and staff meetings.
- Read and route mail.
- Correspondence on behalf of the CEO and President, including RSVP to events.
- Make arrangements for travel, including hotel bookings.
- Assistance with meeting prep, including room reservations, meeting set-up and clean-up, assembling packets and meeting material, attendance entry, etc.
- Database Management, including managing membership and attendance for the Board Directors, Executive Committee and President’s Advisory Council.
- Expense report management.
- File management, including filing speeches.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Highly discreet.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Professional presence, comfortable in interacting with senior volunteer leaders and significant donors.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- BA Degree and minimum 4 years related experience.
The salary for this role is $30.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.