Director of Finance and Administration
For August 2022
At Luria Academy of Brooklyn, we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Through our individualized approach to learning and commitment to diversity as a core value, our students graduate with a deep love of learning, strong sense of self, and a passion to repair a fractured world.
Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org) serves 300 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated education in a progressive environment. Luria’s students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue.
In partnership with the Head of School and other members of the school’s Leadership Team, the DFA plays a key institutional role in developing and executing strategy and developing policy to ensure that the overall finance and operations of the school maximally supports the school’s mission and vision. The DFA oversees all finance and administrative matters including: budgeting, financial aid, expense control, financial reporting, accounting controls, cash management and banking relations, capital budgets, operational procedures, and risk management. Essential responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with school leaders in Development and Admissions, attending Board meetings and serving on Board committees and participating in governance related matters
• Leading change management initiatives that drive operational excellence by influencing and engaging others to implement or improve systems that enhance the parent, student, employee experience
• Collaborating with the Head of School on performance management initiatives and leadership development
• Management and development of the four-person office staff, the bookkeeper, as well as technology, food services, human resources and facilities
• Overseeing Tuition and Financial Aid, and participating in financial conversations with prospective and current families
• Development and Management, in collaboration with the board committee, of short and long-term facility projects, and short and long term financial planning
• Overseeing the school’s benefits program and administering all relevant regulations to ensure that the school is in compliance
Luria Academy seeks a dynamic finance professional to serve as Director of Finance and Administration. He or she will report to the Head of School and serve as a key member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team. This is a great opportunity for a school leader who has strong relational skills and is highly capable as a financial strategist. The successful candidate will be technologically and operationally savvy and share the school’s culture of innovation. In addition, he or she will:
• Be a proven relationship builder with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Support the school’s mission and culture
• Possess enthusiasm, passion, a sense of humor and a strong work ethic
• Demonstrate strong executive functioning skills: be highly organized, a self-starter and a keen problem-solver
• Possess the ability to effectively lead others in managing relationships and interpersonal dynamics, navigate conflict well, and foster a positive work environment
• Have an undergraduate degree and professional leadership experience. A CPA and/or MBA and non-profit, ideally independent school, experience is a plus.
The Director of Finance and Administration works as a key member of the school’s leadership team as it plans and implements strategic initiatives. The school offers a competitive salary and benefits. Inquiries will be treated confidentially, and review of candidate files will begin immediately.
Salary range: $150,00-$165,000. Includes health benefits and tuition benefits.
Interested individuals should submit a current resume and a letter of interest to:
Jodi Scheurenbrand, Strategic Financial Consultant, [email protected]