The Diller Teen Fellows is an immersive experiential education program for 11th graders designed to inspire and promote Jewish engagement and leadership among Jewish youth. This international program began in San Francisco 20 years ago and has since expanded to include 32 communities across North and South America, South Africa, Australia, Europe, and Israel. The program is sponsored by the Helen Diller Family Foundation and the Federation.
Diller Teen Fellows is recognized as a premier identity-building and leadership development program for Jewish teens. Established in San Francisco in 1998 by the Helen Diller Family Foundation, the program provides a cutting-edge model for experiencing Jewish pluralism and peoplehood.
Diller invited a selected group of Jewish 10th and 11th graders from 32 communities across 7 countries.
Today, Diller is in 32 communities across seven countries; each community selects a cohort of twenty teens to participate in the yearlong fellowship experience where they will be empowered to step up, lead their communities, and help repair the world. Diller’s network of 6,000 alumni leaders is actively engaged in making a difference in their communities, Israel, and the global Jewish community.
ADDITIONAL ORGANIZATIONAL INFORMATION
Diller Teen Fellows is housed within The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation) of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties. North American-based staff members are employed by the Federation, though many work remotely in other communities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and own social media strategy to ensure international channels and community channels maintain proper synergies for maximum positive return.
- Serve as a main liaison to 32 communities on marketing materials and best practice sharing.
- Develop creative, exciting, meaningful, and fun social media content for all Diller Teen Fellows.
- International channels, which includes Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Write and edit copy for English social media channels. Fluency in Hebrew and ability to translate copy for Israeli audience is a major plus. Alternatively, manage translation and translation processes to ensure error-free copy.
- Ensure content is grounded in audience insights and is relevant to platform user behavior and trends.
- Create graphic assets using templates and design tools, including but not limited to, Canva.
- Ability to edit photo/video using appropriate tools.
- Work with graphic designer and videographer when necessary on more in-depth visual assets.
- Manage digital/social media budget.
- Own and manage social media content calendar.
- Develop a relationship with program Coordinators across global communities and serve in consultative capacity as go-to advisor on marketing and social media questions and programs.
- Have a firm grasp of social media analytics and the strong ability to derive actionable insights from data and pivot strategy as necessary.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of evolving social media landscape and pinpoint additional channels to join that make sense for the brand.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years developing social media strategy and managing social media channels for a corporation or nonprofit organization brand.
- Strong functional grasp of marketing.
- Extremely well versed in and passionate about social media. Proven track record developing and managing organic and paid social media across a variety of social channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand and pivot into brand voice.
- Fluency in Hebrew language - written and oral – a huge plus.
- Ability to assess new opportunities and make data driven decisions.
- Impeccable attention to detail, including spelling and grammar.
- Creative thinker.
- Excitement about mission driven social impact work.
- BA or equivalent in communications, marketing, or related field.
Compensation range: $70,000-$75,000/annually.
Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to [email protected]. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
WHAT WE OFFER
Excellent benefits — medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, holidays (including Jewish), and retirement plan.
*The Federation requires COVID-19 vaccination for new hires.