The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller and is responsible for a variety of accounting functions
such as financial statements, budgeting, monthly closing, general ledger, account reconciliations and
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile annual consolidated financial statements and assist with audit as assigned
• Compile organizational budgets and prepare monthly budget-to-actual reports
• Compile Forms 990 for multiple entities; assist with other tax functions including 1099s
• Assist with monthly closing as assigned
• Prepare or review General Ledger entries as assigned
• Reconcile or review reconciliations of bank/investment accounts as assigned
• Support Controller and Assistant Controller in carrying out accounting responsibilities
• Prepare internal financial reports (including two subsidiaries) and interpret variances as assigned
• Track various projects and special donations
• Oversee various accounting system modules such as Fixed Assets
• Serve as backup to other accounting team members
• Analyze transactions and General Ledger accounts
• Supervise Accounts Payable staff (after the first year)
• Assist in training and supervision of new accounting staff
• Recommend and lead process improvements
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. Master’s in Accounting is preferred. Minimum
3.5 GPA is preferred.
• CPA preferred.
• 3-5 years of minimum experience in accounting functions is required.
• High proficiency in Excel and various accounting and computer software programs.
• Experience compiling complex financial statements.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
• High attention to detail.
• Work well under pressure with periodic heavy loads in a team environment.
• Good communications skills.
• Appreciation of Jewish culture is a plus.
Please submit resumes
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
No recruiters pleas