About Golda Och Academy
Golda Och Academy is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses — one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School — located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving over 400 students from more than 60 communities across New Jersey.
Golda Och Academy is accepting applications for a 10-month Receptionist at the Upper School. The job of Receptionist is for the purpose/s of providing secretarial and administrative support to the Administration; communicating information to students, parents, staff, and/or other districts; and supporting the broad array of services provided to students, parents, instructional and support employees.
Hours for this position would be 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Mon-Thurs and 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM on Fridays during the school year. The school year usually starts at the end of August and ends before the end of June.
Compensation for this role is between $36,000.00 and $41,000.00 depending on experience.
- Answers the Upper School Main telephone line.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. calendars, meetings, etc.) for the purpose of complying with administrative requirements.
- Coordinates a variety of programs and/or activities for the purpose of ensuring availability of facilities and/or equipment and delivering services in conformance to established guidelines.
- Evaluates situations (e.g. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, police, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolutions.
- Greets all incoming visitors and inform parents of sign out protocols
- Maintains a variety of computerized and manual records, files, and department databases (e.g. information packets, rosters/listings, calendars, outstanding supply orders, etc.)
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
- Performs record keeping and general clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, mailings, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or materials as needed.
- Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Processes documentation and materials (e.g. mail, supplies, registrations, collections, work orders, forms, field trip forms, receipts, bank deposits, student database updates, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties for action.
- Responds to inquiries from a wide variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among department and/or providing direction as may be required.
- Schedules various activities (e.g. meetings, special programs, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in meeting staff needs and efficiently utilizing personnel, equipment and facilities.
- Supports Principal and other administrative personnel for the purpose of assisting with their administrative functions.
- Attends meetings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Maintains office equipment, tools and work areas (e.g. load supplies, clear paper jams, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working environment and the availability of items within a specific time frame.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a related role
- Strong team player, conscientious, organized, ability to relate well to students and staff
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with other staff, parents, and students where everyone is treated with dignity and respect
GOA is committed to ensuring healthy and safe working and learning environments and maintaining our educational commitment to GOA students and families - with minimal disruption to instruction. With this in mind, GOA requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Candidates who would like to apply for a reasonable accommodation from this policy based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief should reach out directly to the Director of Human Resources for more information.
Golda Och Academy is a an inclusive community and makes all employment decisions without regard for an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, sex, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability (including AIDS and HIV related illness), genetic information, refusal to provide genetic information, refusal to submit to genetic testing, ancestry, familial status, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, atypical cellular or blood trait, military service, application for military service, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
The School conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Eligible employees receive a competitive benefit package that includes health insurance coverage, paid leave and retirement plan options and many other valuable programs information.