Cemetery Grave Sales Associate
JCAM – Needham, MA 02494
Position Title: Grave Sales Associate
The Jewish Cemetery Association of Massachusetts is a growing non-profit dedicated to the restoration and preservation of historic property, cemetery maintenance, burial services, and community education. With 125 cemetery properties and counting under its ownership, JCAM is recognized both nationally and locally for its industry leadership and high standard of community service.
An increasingly complex operation, JCAM will soon migrate to cutting edge technologies for preserving archival data, mapping cemeteries, and providing community access to historical records. Our organization’s work is rooted in the historic preservation of the cemeteries we care for but extends to informal education, genealogical research, the enhancement of public space, and many other applications.
JCAM seeks a rising professional passionate about serving the community, bringing history into new light, and advancing an important mission. JCAM is currently seeking a full time Sales Associate to assist with the sales promotion and fulfillment needs of our growing organization. We are looking for an experienced, results-driven individual to actively recruit and engage client prospects.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding grave purchases, transfers, and assignments
- Lead property tours throughout Boston area to prospective customers and partners
- Establish system for lead follow-up and conversion
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in archived records around lot ownership and transfer
- Assist with migration of records and data into cemetery management software
- Process requests for services from families and conduct funeral intakes
- Share “on call” responsibilities for scheduling burials/funeral services on JCAM cemeteries
- Engage caretakers in verifying location of available burial plots
- Recognize and report field hazards in clear, timely fashion
- Support management team with gathering and allocating service order requests
- 3-5 years experience in client-facing position; customer service, outside sales.
- BA/BS degree preferred in related field – management, marketing, psychology, social work, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams – experience with CRM program (i.e. Salesforce)
- Comfort with deciphering maps, giving directions
- Ability to tabulate figures for sales documentation
- Capable of maintaining composure in sensitive inter-personal situations with clients and the public
- Adaptive learner able to grasp new physical or informational landscape quickly and translate to others
- Collaborator willing to step in as needed to support team members and projects beyond normal scope of the position
- Has working vehicle for traveling locally or regionally among JCAM properties
Benefits JCAM offers competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, matching contribution to 401K, paid leave and time-off, “comp” time for weekend work as needed. Inclusive, collegial, and collaborative work environment. Please submit cover letter and salary requirements. More information on compensation available upon request.
Salary - $35,000 - $45,000 annually