WHO ARE WE?:
The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati (“JFC”) ,the backbone Jewish organization, is hiring an Agency Development Director. The JFC connects our community, solves big problems, and stewards community resources. We welcome all cultural backgrounds and faiths including those of every socioeconomic status, race, gender, national background, sexual orientation, gender identity, and physical, mental, and developmental ability. Grounded in Jewish values, together with you, our volunteers, and partner organizations, we support the vulnerable, nurture connections with Israel and Jewish communities globally, and protect and energize Jewish life. We feed the hungry, comfort the sick, care for elderly, and educate our youth. We are your community’s organization problem-solvers and opportunity-makers, committed to ensuring the strength and quality of Jewish life for our children and our children’s children.
The Agency Development Director will serve Jewish Federation of Cincinnati and Jewish Family Service. Jewish Family Service is a human services agency that assists people experiencing food insecurity, poverty, mental health challenges and complex challenges facing older adults.
The Agency Development Officer (“Officer”) fulltime position presents a unique opportunity to work within the Development Department at the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati (“JFC”) and also serve a dual role as a development professional for a partner agency. This individual will be responsible for creating strategic development plans and stewardship plans for donors related to Jewish Family Service (“JFS”). The Officer will also develop and maintain relationships with key donors, engage and show appreciation for donors and show appreciation toward donors for JFC and JFS. This Officer will report to the Director of Agency Fundraising at JFC.
This Officer position requires an individual with the ability to support more than one organization and their fundraising needs. Workload includes annual and supplemental project assistance, coaching and donor connections. As a member of the JFC team, this individual will help JFS collaborate and coordinate with JFC to foster greater donor connections and stewardship. Developing and executing strategies for donor engagement, solicitation and stewardship for JFS is crucial to this position.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
Jewish Federation of Cincinnati (50%)
- Manage a portfolio of donors who contribute $1,000-$9,999 to the annual community campaign and serve as their relationship manager to “upgrade” their annual giving to the Major Donor level of $10,000 or more
- Manage relationships with community partners
- Collaborate with the JFC team to optimize total resource development for 2030 priorities using a donor-centered approach that includes supplemental gifts, one-time designated gifts, planned giving and endowment gifts
- Assist Director of Agency Fundraising with supplemental/special project gift processing and acknowledgment
- Assist development team with grant writing
Jewish Family Service (50%)
- Create, manage, and implement an annual fundraising plan
- Manage the development budget in collaboration with finance
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations through face to face solicitations and direct mail
- Direct donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities to meaningfully engage and motivate donors to meet development goals, including planned giving
- Oversee staff responsible for data entry, gift processing, and reporting through the Bloomerang (donor CRM software)
- Work directly with staff leadership, board members, and volunteers, including overseeing the Development Committee, in order to maximize impact and fundraising
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree and/or CFRE certification a plus
- 5-7 years or more of experience in a development role or complementary community role
- Professional confidence to navigate and be comfortable with multiple responsibilities for one or more partner agencies
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills focused on planning, implementation and collaboration
- Emphasis on experience working in donor relations, donor stewardship, event planning and sponsorship sales
KEY QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A driven self-starter with ability to work without direction or prompting and attention to frequent deadlines
- Excellent organization, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working with, managing and encouraging and presenting to trustees, volunteers, individuals and staff
- Excellent written, verbal, telephone and presentation skills
- Proven ability to raise significant funds from diverse constituencies
- Unique position requires ability to successfully represent both JFC and JFS in donor asks and be able to coordinate with both agencies to avoid donor fatigue
- Ability to work with donor management system databases
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Relationships within the Cincinnati Jewish community as a professional or lay leader a plus
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with employee health and wellness plan
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary single membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center + Discounts to the onsite Café and Spa
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, life insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Incredible Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, and up to 10+ paid Jewish Holidays per year (in addition to federal holidays)
- Fun, collaborative, business-casual work environment
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position.
"The successful candidate must be completely vaccinated against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire. Proof of vaccination may be required upon hire”