Interim Assistant Director of Jewish Life
Elon Univeristy Hillel
Jewish Life at Elon University supports students’ journeys, no matter the destination. We are a welcoming, inclusive community housed in the Sklut Hillel Center that provides an empowering, innovative, and joyful Jewish experience for all students. We are currently seeking a skilled communicator and fundraiser to serve as Interim Assistant Director of Jewish Life. This is an opportunity to build on the success of Jewish Life at Elon and move it forward in new and exciting ways. The Assistant Director will be an essential team member and student mentor responsible for delivering compelling fundraising and communications campaigns.
Elon University seeks an Interim Assistant Director to continue building and sustaining our vibrant, growing Jewish community. The ideal candidate is a relationship builder, mentor, digital storyteller, and strategic fundraiser who can eloquently and passionately share Elon Hillel’s message with multiple internal and external stakeholders. The key priority of this position is developing and delivering fundraising and communications strategies. This is a full-time Elon University position that reports to the Director of Jewish Life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Achieve and Exceed Fundraising Goals
- Implement the Jewish Life annual fundraising plan and ensure that it is on track to meet annual goals.
- Manage and execute multimedia fundraising campaigns.
- Spearhead donor cultivation and recognition as well as impact reporting and evaluation.
- Build and sustain relationships with donors, including alumni, parents, community members, foundations, students, and university partners.
- Manage Jewish Life fundraising reporting and data, in coordination with University Advancement. Design and present data for advisory board meetings.
Create and Deliver Compelling Communications
- Curate a compelling stream of communications, including weekly newsletters, for students, parents, alumni, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain Jewish Life’s comprehensive marketing strategy.
- Serve as webmaster for Elon Hillel’s website.
- Lead digital storytelling by creating and disseminating captivating messages via social media and online channels; Design digital graphics for Jewish Life/Hillel programs and events in multiple formats for internal and external communications.
- Write and distribute press releases and articles that celebrate accomplishments, Jewish traditions, and Jewish Life/Elon Hillel events.
- Coordinate and lead communications for summer welcome events, Move-In Weekend Shabbat, Family Weekend activities, graduation gatherings, and holiday celebrations and observances in coordination with partners across the University.
- Oversee participation in Hillel International’s student engagement metrics database (HEART) and Measuring Excellence reporting.
- Prepare grant proposals and reports for donors, foundations, other funders, and the Jewish Life Advisory Council.
- Help to recruit, mentor, train, and support Peer Mentor cohorts.
- Mentor student board members responsible for social media and communications for Elon Hillel.
- Supervise and coach student workers.
Education and Experience
- Completed bachelor’s degree required and master’s degree in higher education, business, communications, religious studies, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience, preferably in the Jewish community.
- Demonstrated experience with building and managing donor relations, managing data, fundraising, and developing strategic fundraising plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to staff and attend Jewish Life events, including holidays and occasional nights and weekends.
- A strong and resilient entrepreneurial spirit. Things may not always go according to plan, but you must be willing to take risks and learn from your wins as well as your losses.
Does this position require driving for the university? No
For more information and to apply, please visit the following link. DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION THROUGH THE HILLEL INTERNATIONAL SITE*
Elon University, located in the charming college town of Elon, NC, is a draw for students from across the country. The school is nationally recognized for being student-centered and providing students with transformational enrichment opportunities. Jewish Life, an essential part of Elon’s vision, has grown over the past ten years from 50 to 750 self-identified Jewish students who represent at least 13% of the student body.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Elon University Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.