The Jewish Federation in the Heart of New Jersey is a philanthropic organization serving the greater Middlesex and Monmouth County communities, bringing together people, partners and resources to fulfill the most important needs and aspirations of our community.
We are seeking a Director of Financial Resource Development who is a proven, dynamic, self-starting professional to lead the Financial Resource Development Department. The successful candidate will have 3 or more years of direct fundraising experience and a commitment to the Jewish community, to best position and enable the Federation to succeed in its mission. This is a fast-paced office with a small team of about 15 people that are very "hands on". Prior non-profit experience a must! Must be very advanced in excel skills. Must be US citizen or green card holder to be considered.
Responsible for planning, coordinating and integrating all financial resource development (FRD) initiatives including Annual Campaign, Endowments, Supplemental and Corporate Gifts. Cultivates, solicits and stewards donors and identified prospects. Primary objectives of this position include: enhancing total Federation fundraising, development and implementation of a strategic approach to integrate FRD activities on behalf of Federation and the Jewish community and provide leadership to major gifts activities.
• Create an innovative and coordinated development infrastructure to support maximum short-and long-term fundraising goals.
• Develop and implement an overall strategic plan for an integrated FRD model which supports the mission of the organization. Involve professionals and lay leaders in the strategic development process.
• Develop relationships with current donors, broaden the donor base, and provide stewardship to the donor cultivation process. Participate in the cultivation and solicitation of major contributors and campaign leadership.
• Recruit and develop volunteers to ensure a pipeline of active leadership for the future.
• Integrate marketing and communications strategies with the overall fundraising strategies.
• Participate as a member of the senior management team and provide consultation to the Executive Director on all philanthropy related issues.
• Supervise FRD staff and assist in developing and implementing the multiple tasks of campaign, supplemental giving, endowments, cultivation and appreciation of donors, events and other aspects of the FRD program.
• Ensure that donor information is efficiently maintained and prospect cultivation activity is tracked. Ensure reporting systems are complete, efficient, accurate and monitored.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a liberal arts or business field is required
Previous Work Experience:
• Three + years of related experience in non-profit fund raising and financial resource development. Federation experience is a preference; it’s not a prerequisite.
• Successful track record with personal solicitation with major gifts.
• Knowledge of the Jewish community and its institutions is preferred.
Special Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers and constituents.
• Project management skills to effectively oversee simultaneous projects.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success in managing those relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with senior executives and high net worth individuals.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills including both verbal and written. Strong public speaking skills.
• Strong technical skills that include the ability to manage statistical data in order to assess fundraising effectiveness and to integrate fundraising software with fundraising strategies.
• Ability to travel and work in off-site settings on a regular basis. Ability to work evenings, weekends or irregular hours as necessary to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and events.