Part-time position for Mondays (Grades 3-7), Tuesdays (Grades PK-3), Wednesdays (Grades 2 & 4-7), and Thursdays (Grades PK-1) in the afternoon/evening, 3:00-6:30 PM
The Hebrew School Project (HSP) is an independent, non-membership based experiential Jewish weekly after-school program that serves children in Pre-K through 7th grade in Tribeca.
The Hebrew School Project is a program of the Jewish Community Project (JCP), a diverse, creative, inclusive, and open Jewish community and communal space in Lower Manhattan.
JCP is looking to hire talented and engaging teachers for its Hebrew School Project (HSP) for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Be engaging, enthusiastic, and passionate about Jewish education
- Have experience working in diverse educational settings
- Have an understanding of Jewish history, holidays, and ritual, and a basic Hebrew education
- Be interested in learning and growing as a teacher and as a Jewish professional
- Be a team player, open to creative and collaborative work
- Feel comfortable in a flexible professional environment
- Be committed to sharing ideas
- Be excited about participating in JCP community and school-wide events
- Have a progressive approach to Judaism and denominationalism
- Be available Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays from 3:00-6:30 PM
Compensation for grades Pre-K - 5 is commensurate with experience and ranges from $30-$50 per hour.
Teaching grades 6-7 requires a greater degree of independent curriculum development, and compensation for teaching these grades is $80 per hour.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Daphne Logan, Director of the Hebrew School Project, at [email protected].
To find out more about JCP and the Hebrew School Project, visit jcpdowntown.org.