TITLE: Associate Director, Emerging Leadership
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
FUNCTION: The Associate Director of Emerging Leadership has responsibility for implementing a clear and passionate vision for engaging emerging leaders. They will design and execute a comprehensive, strategic operational plan, which includes the oversight of the Young Adult Division campaign, Young Leadership Cabinet, Leadership Development Group (LDG) and Leads, along with management of special events, utilization of social networking mediums, planning of missions, organizing leadership development opportunities and outreach. This role is responsible for cultivating and stewarding the next generation of volunteer leaders as they grow into leadership roles on committees, special projects and Board positions.
WHO YOU ARE: Successful candidates for this position will be individuals with a passion for learning and leadership who wants to make a meaningful difference in our community.
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
SUPERVISES: Administrative Assistant
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strong organizational and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Manage, solicit and steward a portfolio of young leadership and philanthropic gifts.
- Lead and develop social, professional and cultural programming that appeal to the diversity of young leadership including singles, young couples and young families.
- Plan numerous events and programs that would engage, educate and inspire young adults to get involved in the Federation.
- Provides leadership and direction in planning, development and implementation of the annual campaign plan, including the campaign calendar, goal setting, priority targets and organizational structure. Have the ability to modify such plans, as necessary, during the campaign year.
- Recognize potential leadership within the YAD community, encourage leadership involvement, development, and continuity, and create an environment that attracts and retains volunteers.
- In consultation with Federation and campaign leadership and staff, identify volunteers for key campaign positions including recommendation of campaign chairs and other succession.
- Maintain oversight and responsibility for budgeting and monitoring of expenses in consultation with the accounting department.
- Plans and implements the Young Adult Signature event.
- _ Knowledge and understanding of Jewish community.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required (advanced degree preferred).
Experience: A minimum of 2-4 years of proven success in fundraising and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills .
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and Raiser’s Edge database.
- Ability to organize, monitor, and track numerous ongoing and one-time activities, events and projects.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to meet, greet and educate people with confidence and poise.
- Ability to logically solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail oriented.
- Comfortable with change and working in unknown situations.
- Discretion handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Sensitivity to Jewish culture and traditions.