Temple Beth Am (TBAM) in Pinecrest, Florida, the largest reform congregation in the Southeastern United States, is seeking an Assistant Religious School Director to support its Youth Engagement Religious School (YERS). Temple Beth Am, which also operates the Rambam Day School, and a soon-to-open new cultural and activity center, is the premier institution for Jewish life in Miami.
This individual will be responsible for implementing social, religious, cultural, formal, and experiential education for kids in grades pre-K-6.
This position is a full-time exempt position and reports to the YERS Lifelong Learning Director.
Please note: this position requires weekend and evening work in alignment with Religious School and youth activities.
Religious School responsibilities include:
- Being highly knowledgeable in Hebrew and Judaic content.
- Creating and implementing excellent Judaic content and experiences in the supplementary school setting.
- Managing the functioning of the religious school through logistics, schedule, calendar, professional development, and on-site supervision.
- Planning and executing school-wide, grade level and family programs, including field trips.
- Strengthening the existing Jewish Studies, Hebrew, and family engagement curricula.
- Engaging our students and increasing participation in social and informal youth programming.
Informal programming includes:
- Monthly Beth Am Federation Temple Youth (BAFTY) K- 6th grade level on campus programs (Jewish meaningful experiences and creating lifelong friendships)
- Planning, leading, organizing, and carrying out age-appropriate activities.
- Shabbatonim retreats for BAFTY 34, BAFTY5 and BAFTY 6
- Off-campus outings and activities for pre- K-6 youth
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Occasional exposure to outdoor activities may be requested.
Please note that this position requires weekend and evening work in alignment with Religious School and youth activities.
Level 2 background clearance as defined by the Florida Statutes/law.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] Please indicate “Assistant Religious School Director” in your subject line. Unfortunately, submissions without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls, please.