Camp Seneca Lake (CSL) is a premier co-ed overnight summer camp set on 200+ acres on Seneca Lake in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of Western New York. For over 90 summers CSL has given campers in grades 3-12 a special place to recharge, unplug, and connect to nature and friends. CSL welcomes all campers into a safe compassionate community where each child is encouraged to become their best self.
Children from all backgrounds come together to learn important life skills that will stay with them through adulthood. Campers develop independence, form lifelong friendships, and a deep connection to a tight knit community that is strong at its core. CSL is owned and operated by the Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester, and we are an inclusive community center and camp that welcomes campers and staff of all faiths, backgrounds, and ages.
This role is a seasonal, full-time position. During the summer session, the position includes evening hours.
The Mental Health & Wellness Specialist reports to the Camp Director. Specific Responsibilities of the Mental Health & Wellness Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Playing a role in the planning and implementation of staff training and ongoing staff learning related to mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health (MESSH).
- Creating and implementing programming for small groups of campers focused on wellness and social-emotional learning.
- Serving as a resource to campers throughout the summer in facing mental, emotional, and social health challenges, and creating environments where campers can thrive.
- Managing information about camper needs, and communicating those to staff, as well as documenting communication and plans within CSL’s systems.
- Communicating and managing relationships with parents/caregivers in regard to camper needs.
- Be an active presence on-site at camp as a part of the community.
- Additional responsibilities as required.