Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC Cleveland is one of 25 regional offices in the United States that advance AJC’s global diplomatic advocacy efforts. The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level and establishes and nurtures community relationships.
This Coordinator role for AJC Cleveland is a remote, part-time, 20 hours/week position, and will provide essential support for events, external communications, office maintenance, and takes primary responsibility for the administrative needs of the regional office.
The Regional Office Coordinator is responsible for the vital details and coordination that allow the regional office to grow and succeed. The successful candidate should be flexible, organized and a team player. The candidate must have professional acumen, agility, energy and be able to reliably handle multiple assignments in a fast-moving dynamic environment. As the first point of contact for many AJC constituents, our office coordinator should be an enthusiastic representative of the agency ready to infuse an atmosphere of platinum service for AJC stakeholders into every aspect of their work.
The Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
The Regional Office Coordinator will assist the Regional Director and Development Director with the implementation and execution of efforts advancing the mission of the agency and region including, advocacy programming, leadership development, and development programming.
General Office Administration and Support
- Monitor and maintain office and community calendars
- Manage and enter data for advocacy and external meetings, media hits and other reporting functions
- Oversee and replenish office supplies as needed including ordering AJC marketing and promotional materials from the national office;
- Act as point person for maintaining IT, phone, copying, and other equipment maintenance needs.
- Other miscellaneous duties as needed
- Provide administrative support for fundraising efforts, including timely processing of pledges and gifts, acknowledgement letters, thank you letters, and tracking cultivation meetings;
- Handle transactions and communications related to pledges and gifts (with the utmost accuracy and discretion);
- Ensure contact information is kept up to date for both new and prospective donors
- Manage event and invitation lists as appropriate
Event and Program Coordination
- Organize and manage project timelines for multiple events varying in size and scope;
- Coordinate contracts and payments for caterers, venues, and other vendors;
- Work with the marketing communications department to design invitations, mass mailings, and bulk emails
- Track registration and payments in coordination with other staff;
- Assist in tracking event budgets;
- Maintain organized and consistent filing system for all staff coordination and access.
- Setting up event spaces for meetings, programs, and events as required
- Handling day-of program registrations, sometimes with volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years of related experience;
- Skilled, detail oriented and knowledgeable about best practices for data entry and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion, tact and diplomacy;
- Well-developed professional and time management skills;
- Strong attention to prioritization and follow-through;
- Positive attitude and team player who also relishes working with independent initiative;
- Passion for the mission of AJC;
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values;
- Computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint, Luminate or other bulk email platforms such as Constant Contact or MailChimp and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising or CRM platforms; i.e. Salesforce,
- Knowledge of and proficiency in social media
- Ability and eagerness to learn new programs, apps and platforms
- Willingness and ability to attend meetings and program outside of standard working hours, including early mornings and evenings.
The salary range for this part-time position is $20,000 to $23,000.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
This is a Part-Time, 20 hours a week position.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/sh0ntwq0t7kfip/