Youth Director (Part-Time 15 hours a week)
Temple Beth El of South Orange County seeks a Youth Director to join our education team. The Youth Director for our Beth El Synagogue Temple Youth (BESTY) will oversee the planning, coordination, and implementation of programs and events for students in grades 4-12. The Director will work closely with the education team, Director of Teen Programs, parents, and community members to foster a sense of Jewish identity and community among participants.
- Develop and implement programming that engages and inspires BESTY members and helps them connect with Jewish culture, values, and traditions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with BESTY participants, parents, and TBESOC community members, to build support for the youth group.
- Plan and execute events and trips that promote social and emotional growth, leadership development, and Jewish learning.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts to support youth group programming and ensure financial sustainability.
- Facilitate regular meetings with BESTY board members to collaborate on program development and implementation.
- As a doogma (Jewish role model), promote a culture of inclusivity, respect, and positive behavior among BESTY participants.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, program outcomes, and other relevant data to inform program improvement and reporting.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in Jewish youth programming and incorporate new ideas into program development.
- Communicate regularly with BESTY participants, parents, and community members about program updates, upcoming events, and opportunities for involvement.
- Experience working with youth in a Jewish setting.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, values, and traditions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed within a 15 hour a week commitment.
- This position is on-site, not remote, and requires at least 10 hours a week of preparation during “regular” business hours (M-F, 8-5).
Salary commensurate with experience.
About Temple Beth El
Temple Beth El of South Orange County (TBESOC) is a dynamic, growing and diverse community having multiple modes of Jewish expression. With about 400 households, we are one of just a handful of congregations nationally that will be affiliated with both the Reform and Conservative movements. Our mission is to establish and maintain a loving Jewish community of educated, involved, spiritual and empowered congregants who come together to celebrate and observe diverse progressive traditions in Jewish thought and belief. We are willing to explore new and creative ways to help people connect to tradition and community, and to deepen their Jewish identities. At TBESOC we strive to be a community that provides meaningful educational programming beginning in early childhood and continuing throughout the life of our members and their families.
Don't meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workspace. If you are excited about this role and your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.