Scope of Work
As an integral member of ORT America's fundraising team, the Director will manage, develop and coordinate the fundraising strategies for the Southeast Region of the United States, centered and based in Atlanta. The Director mujst have an in-depth knowledge of the Jewish philanthropic landscape in Atlanta and develop plans to grow donor base in other cities in the region. The successfu candidate will have a passion for ORT's educational mission and develop a strategy to engage donors, including individuals, foundations, and federations.
Primary activities will include stewarding and soliciting current donors, identifying new prospects with an emphasis on people ages 35 to 50, engaging lay leaders in the region to keep them up-to-date on ORT America priorities and World ORT programs, planning and implementing local events and programs. The director will interact closely with the President of the ORT Atlanta board.
ORT America is looking for a dynamic development professional who is a self-starter and will motivate and engage current and future donors and leadership.The person will receive strategic leadership from the national office and must be able to implement projects independently.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit a portfolo of major and planned giving donor and prospects
- Develop strategies for cultivating donors and prospects, in partnership with ORT America national leadership, to grow regional giving
- Assist in developing solicitation strategies and implement campaigns aligned with national and regional goals to meet regional fundraising goals
- Match major donors, foundations and federations with specific needs as identified by World ORT for designated funding
- Provide oversite for the Honey From The Heart fundraising effort and work closely with Honey From The Heart chairs
- Convene regional board, organize regular meetings an engage members in local and national activities
- Serve as point person for ORT American and the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta relationship
- Establish a cohort of younger ORT members target should be 35 to 50 years of age from a variety of geographic areas and social networks in Atlanta
- Motivate a cadre of volunteer leaders in the region who will also successfully cultivate and solicit funds
- Coordinate with lay leaders in the region who will also successfully cultivate and solicit funds
- Coordinate with lay leaders on the design and implementation of fundraising events and programs to reach new and longstanding donors
- Network within the established Atlanta(and other) Jewish communites to grow ORT's presence
- Manage regional budget and assist in evaluating results of all events and activities in the region with regard to cost and profitability, and work with lay leadership to maximize return on investment
- Provide written and oral progress reports to National Office staff and lay leaders
- Participate in national fundraising team strategy discussions, briefings, and projects
- Maintain compliance with all financial responsibilites and record-keeping responsibilities
- Prepare written materials for events and newsletters, and maintain a local presence on social media
- Draft correspondence, proposals, and other written materials
- Undertake special projects as assigned
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Required: 5 to 7 years of experience in fundraising or related field; track record of success in major donor fundraising; additional experience in planned giving and volunteer management is desirable. Knowledge of the Jewish philanthropic landscape.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Office Suite and use of TEAMS; ability to learn CRM software is required.
Additional Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communciation skills
- Ability to successfully manage external relationships and effectively liaise wiht colleagues at all levels
- Must be a team player(able to work with staff across departments and promote productivity wih contribution to a supportive work environment)
- Demonstrate strategic and creative thinking and exercises good judgement
- Motivate, energetic, and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Sense of humor