de Toledo High School, a vibrant and innovative independent high school, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Jewish Studies teacher for a full-time teaching position beginning in August 2022. This position opening is possible because of the anticipating retirement of a beloved rabbi and teacher. The candidate must show excellent skills as a teacher, and passion for teaching Jewish Studies. A strong candidate will have the heart of a teacher, the passion for igniting teenagers’ curiosity, and the love for inspiring students to strengthen their Jewish identity.
- Teach assigned number of classes per contract.
- Ongoing reflection on lessons, evaluations, curricula, course content, and course materials.
- Integrate technology to support students’ learning.
- Participate in community events, contribute to the rich school culture, and be involved with Jewish Life Programming.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiasm for mission and vision of de Toledo High School and strong commitment to embrace and promote its culture.
- 2+ years experience as a Jewish Studies teacher.
- Ability to contribute to a pluralistic Jewish setting.
- Have particular proficiency in teaching Talmud and Tanakh skills and relevance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Jewish Studies or related field.
- Completion of a degree or certificate in Jewish education training.
- Must be flexible, highly professional, eager to evolve as educators and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate ability to teach with a variety of modalities to reach different learning styles.
- Ability to communicate with high school students.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels and in all settings.
- Self-motivating, self-confident.
- Willing communicator and collaborator; enthusiastic team player.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, excellent judgment, sound instincts, diplomacy and patience.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before beginning employment and to submit to COVID-19 testing as required.
About de Toledo High School
Founded in 2002, de Toledo High School (formerly New Community Jewish High School) is an independent Jewish community high school located in West Hills, CA. It is a vibrant and academically rigorous school community where intellectual imagination and ethical action are inseparable. We seek to shape students into persons of character who will be respectful, knowledgeable, and collaborative leaders who conduct themselves in accordance with ethical standards. At dTHS, every student may strive to be both an A+ student and an A+ human being. Our mission is to raise a new generation of Jewish leaders for whom Jewish values and tradition shape and guide their vision and for whom knowledge creates possibilities for moral action, good character and shalom. For more information, please visit www.dths.org.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected].