4th Grade Lower School Lead Teacher
FLSA Classification: Full time, exempt 2023
Reports To: Director of Lower School
Position Purpose: Teach Lower School General Studies
The Brandeis School of San Francisco has reimagined what is possible in an inclusive, future-focused Jewish day school, becoming an acknowledged leader in asserting the role of spirituality and ethics in education for the whole child. We welcome applicants who seek a school environment that fosters challenging academics, student-centered learning, ethics and spirituality, and innovation. This position will begin in August 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
- Engaging children in project work that is an in-depth investigation of a particular topic as part of an emergent curriculum.
- Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, clear expectations for community behavior, and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Collaborating with other general studies teachers, educators, and specialist teachers to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems.
- Working in partnership with a Jewish Studies teacher to plan and implement a cohesive social, emotional and spiritual curriculum.
- Working as a mentor to a resident teacher, partnering with that teacher to plan and implement curriculum, and providing ongoing support as the resident develops in their lead teaching skills.
- Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
- Supporting and following the school policies and procedures.
- Positively contributing to the professional community.
- B.A. degree and teaching credential required.
- Minimum three years recent experience as lead teacher in K-4 preferred.
- Familiarity with Lucy Calkins Readers and Writers Workshop, inquiry-based learning, and real-world problem-solving preferred.
- Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear and visually interact with students.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly use close and distance vision.
- Work at a desk and computer screen.
- Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
- Work in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. The full-time annual salary range for this position is between $71,632 - $100,000 annually. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on our unbiased platform. https://apptrkr.com/4196784 or send a resume and cover letter, including details of their experience to [email protected]