About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund seeks to recruit an Associate Director for fundraising activities in Greater Los Angeles. The Associate Director is accountable for producing significant annual increases in the number of donors to JNF's National Campaign at all gift levels.
- Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective at all gift levels
- Management of a minimum of 250 accounts
- Board and Leadership development, cultivation, and membership
- Grow and recruit for Women for Israel (WFI) Affinity Group
- Mission recruitment
- Event Planning
- 3+ years fundraising or sales experience
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Jewish community in Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and speaking
- Creative, dependable, self-disciplined individual who is capable of minimal on-site supervision
- Superior problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, depending on scheduled JNF events and donor, prospect and lay leadership schedules.
- Travel to other regions and Israel
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Database/Salesforce)
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel