Temple Beth Ami is a vibrant Reform congregation in Rockville, MD serving a multi-generational community through a robust range of services and programming. This new staff position will be focused on developing and implementing strategic communications utilizing the latest approaches in digital technology to strengthen engagement within our congregational community.
The ideal candidate will have the capacity to develop, implement, and manage a strategic digital communications plan; be creative and highly organized; and have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, as well as the ability to take initiative and prioritize daily tasks in a fast-paced environment.
This individual directly reports to the Executive Director and will also work closely with other staff and lay leaders to develop awareness of events, projects, programs, and services in a consistent, professional, and engaging manner.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop a strategic email communication plan to ensure that emails are targeted to appropriate audiences at a timely cadence.
- Manage all email communications by gathering relevant information from staff and lay leaders in a timely manner.
- Strengthen impact of email communications by updating templates and design elements.
- In support of strategic communications, develop and implement a plan to manage member database (ShulCloud) by tagging records appropriately.
- Develop and review benchmarks for evaluating email strategy.
- Develop and manage social media strategy on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and other outlets as necessary.
- Develop plans and benchmarks for increasing followers and engagement.
- Create and generate monthly social media performance reports.
- Manage timely and engaging updates to existing WordPress website, including production of content, proofreading, troubleshooting, verifying, and correcting links, updating calendar of events, and removing outdated information.
- Create monthly website performance reports in support of strategic communication goals.
- Have the capacity to lead a website redevelopment project.
- Design communication materials including but not limited to signs, posters, invitations, newsletters, brochures, flyers, emails, and social media graphics.
- Demonstrate strong artistic design, color, and typography sensibilities in all media.
- Develop and manage communication calendar in coordination with Senior Staff and lay leadership to ensure that upcoming services, events, programs, and other content needs are strategically included across communications channels
- Develop and implement a branding strategy for the congregation to create a cohesive presentation of all Temple brands, including Machane TBA (religious school), Gan Ami (preschool), Kayitz (camp), and Temple committees that have developed their own branding.
- Create, edit, and manage videography/photography, including working with outside vendors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required; duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 5-7 years of experience in strategic digital communications.
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple social media platforms.
- Fluency using graphic design software including Adobe Suite and/or Canva
- Experience using email marketing software - Constant Contact strongly preferred
- Strong website management and development skills including proficiency with WordPress. Experience with CSS is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service
- High attention to detail.
- Innovative self-starter who also excels in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to organize, manage priorities, multi-task, perform under pressure, and complete projects with deadlines.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Experience with ShulCloud (member portal) software is a plus, but not required.
- Preferred prior experience in Jewish communal organizations.
On-Site Work Schedule
- Monday – Thursday 9 am – 6 pm
- Friday 9 am – 3 pm
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter with your resume and digital portfolio to [email protected].