Sharsheret, a fast-paced and growing national breast and ovarian cancer organization, seeks a full-time Illinois-based Social Worker to assist in the delivery of cancer support programs nationwide.
- MSW or similar degree required
- 2+ years’ experience working in a health care setting, non-profit or Jewish organization
- Passion for issues related to cancer and the Jewish community
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in very fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Speak one-on-one with and provide psychosocial support to women and families calling with breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and cancer genetics questions
- Assist with program development and facilitation
- Process telephone, e-mail, and online requests for information
- Coordinate program-related projects and mailings
- Manage program data entry
- Represent Sharsheret at local conferences and events
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No telephone calls please. Extensive benefits package and salary ($50,000-$55,000) commensurate with experience.