Shirat HaYam of Nantucket, Massachusetts is seeking a part-time religious school educator for Sunday mornings or Monday afternoons for the 2022-2023 academic year. This could be a combination of online and in person meetings. We are seeking an energetic and passionate person who not only wants to teach but also wants to learn with and from our students.
As the Religious School Educator you will:
- Create lessons and activities that engage our students in Jewish life and exploration of Jewish identity.
- Create and facilitate weekly lesson plans.
- Integrate new technologies and innovative curricula to create a vibrant educational experience.
- Connect with families to help them learn.
- Teach Hebrew and integrate Hebrew language usage in all lessons.
The religious school educator is the principal person helping the Jewish students of Nantucket learn about their faith and prepare for their Bat/Bar Mitzvahs. Since September 2020 Shirat HaYam students have participated as a “satellite campus” in the Temple Emanu-El, NYC online religious school and B’nai Mitzvah program. Temple Emanu-El will continue with ongoing curriculum support.
We currently have 5 children in the program ranging from first to seventh grades who meet weekly in our “school house” on Sundays from 9:30 am-12 noon. We anticipate 3 children this fall.
We will cover transportation from the Boston/Cape area and arrange for accommodation if necessary.
Salary range $15,000-$20,000 commensurate with scope of work and experience.
For more information please contact Karel Greenberg in confidence at [email protected].