Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
In the United States, AJC is represented by 24 regional offices that cover every state in the Union. Each office is responsible for advancing AJC’s advocacy agenda, raising funds to sustain AJC’s work, and developing leadership that helps inform and guide AJC’s efforts. AJC’s leadership program has several components and among its highest priorities is the cultivation and education of talented young leaders, who are committed to AJC’s ideals and work. AJC’s Alexander Young Leadership Department guides this effort through our Alexander Associates, whose work includes engagement with high school and college students and young professionals.
Alexander Associates are part of a national young leadership program that is guided by the Alexander Young Leadership Department. They are also a vital part of their regional office and operate as a part of the overall regional advocacy and development program. Alexander Associates will work collaboratively with regional office and national team members to grow opportunities for young professionals locally and nationally.
The Alexander Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Identifying phenomenal Jewish young professionals, engaging them in ACCESS, and transforming them into AJC leaders, who are committed to supporting AJC’s mission through advocacy and financial support.
- Working with and managing the regional ACCESS board to support their advocacy, program development and financial contributions to AJC
- Implementing ACCESS programs, meetings, and events in close coordination with regional and ACCESS Global staff
- Recruiting ACCESS supporters to attend the AJC Global Forum
- Developing and expanding joint advocacy and diplomatic opportunities with community partners from other religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Supporting ACCESS engagement with elected officials and diplomats through advocacy meetings and programming
- Establishing and maintaining close ties with local colleges and universities—including to Hillel staff, school administrators, and students—in support of AJC’s Campus Affairs work
- Where appropriate, supporting and facilitating AJC’s Leaders for Tomorrow (LFT) program for high school students
- Working with local AJC team on Regional programs, events, and strategic initiatives that pertain to young leaders.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of work experience
- Self-starter who collaborates seamlessly with colleagues both inside and outside AJC
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A disposition to work collaboratively and problem solve;
- Alignment with AJC’s mission and diplomatic style, with knowledge and passion for the organization’s key issues (including Israel, world Jewry, human rights, international relations, foreign policy, and democratic institutions)
- Ability to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, make difficult decisions and follow through on agreed upon initiatives
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able to identify and pursue opportunities
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and to travel occasionally
- Fluency in social media
The annual salary for this position is $47,000. AJC offers a generous benefits package.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/swnhwqu0zudw6g/