About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the Israeli-American Council (IAC) is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community that strengthens the Israeli and Jewish identity of our next generation, the American Jewish community, and the bond between the peoples of the United States and the State of Israel.
The IAC is seeking a Greater Los Angeles Regional Director to lead its vision of bringing together Israeli-American communities throughout the Los Angeles metropolitan region. The ideal candidate will be high in caliber with a proven track record of successful leadership and management and with the ability to implement the IAC mission.
The Los Angeles Regional Director reports to IAC CEO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the IAC Los Angeles Regional Office to implement the IAC’s philosophy, mission, strategy
and goals on a local level.
- Implement programs and produce community events for the Israeli-American community in the Los Angeles region.
- Work together with the Regional Council on fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Coordinate IAC Los Angeles office operations, finances, marketing, programming, and other issues with the National IAC headquarter.
- Establish relationships and empower existing Israeli-American organizations in the Los Angeles region in order to enhance their activities and broaden their engagement.
- Establish a strong and mutually supportive relationship between the Israeli-American community and the Jewish community in the Los Angeles region.
- Hire professional staff for the Los Angeles IAC Regional Office, train and supervise them to ensure effective operations.
- Develop and implement new programs for the Israeli-American community in the Los Angeles region.
- Oversee the production of large-scale activities and events in the Los Angeles region.
- Acquire a deep understanding of the Israeli-American community in the Los Angeles region in order to provide relevant and meaningful programming, events and services.
- Financial management: create an annual budget with the support of the National IAC C0O.
- Assist Regional Council in the development of strong IAC lay leadership.
- Represent the IAC and the Israeli-American community in various forums.
- Community outreach and public relations: reach out to the community, maintain and create partnerships with other community organizations.
- Oversee the Shepher’s community center’s activity and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
• Fluent in Hebrew and English Required - Speaking, reading, and writing.
• At least 5 years of similar job experience.
• Proven experience in leadership and management of a non-profit organization.
• A proven leader with exceptional development skills.
• Conceptual thinker, ability to see the big picture and to create and execute a grand vision.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Israeli and American cultures.
• Good operational, administrative, and management capabilities, ability to lead processes.
• Strong high-level planning and monitoring capabilities.
• Experience in managing and leading a team of employees.
• Action-oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
• A proactive, energetic, and positive leader and public speaker.
• Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with donors, Council members, staff, and community organizations.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills and out of the box thinking.
• Exceptional ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Knowledge in Israel related issues and passion regarding community building.